Astrotech Corporation (NASDAQ:ASTC) was founded in 1984, formerly known as Spacehab Inc., is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has 33 full-time employees. It is an American aerospace company, mainly for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), The US Department of Defense, International Space Agency, and global commercial customers provide commercial space station products and services.
Astrotech Corporation (ASTC):
The company was formerly known as Spacehab Inc. (Space Life Capsule Company), in order to better reflect the company’s main business-Astrotech Space Operation (two instruments space operations), in 2009 changed its name to Astrotech Corporation.
Astrotech provides government and commercial organizations with all necessary satellite planning, satellite launch, and hardware requirements; construction and use of unique equipment and facilities; spacecraft docking, packaging, refueling and transportation. As of 2013, Astrotech has provided support and launch services for 290 spacecraft.
History of Astrotech Corporation (ASTC):
- In 1984, Bob Citron founded Spacehab Inc. with the help of CSP Associates;
- In January 2004, Spacehab filed a claim of 87.7 million with NASA because of the Columbia accident;
- In October 2004, NASA compensated the company with 8.2 million US dollars;
- In February 2007, Spacehab dismissed all lawsuits against NASA;
- On August 8, 2007, Spacehab’s 23-year history, sales totaled 1 billion US dollars;
- In 2009, Spacehab changed its name to Astrotech Corporation.
Astrotech Corporation (ASTC) investment:
Small military industry concept stocks with a market value of less than 100 million O(∩_∩)O haha~