Gogo Inc (NASDAQ: GOGO) was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, USA. It is a company that provides Wifi services on airplanes, mainly providing high-altitude WIFI services for commercial and private jets. The Wifi service provided by GOGO can be used for free on some flights. Starting at the end of 2012, the company began to experiment with an hourly charging model and launched a monthly package for business people. There are 1073 full-time employees.
Gogo Inc (GOGO):
- In 2008, Aircell (Note: In June 2011, as part of the rebranding, Aircell officially changed its name to Gogo. Before the change, Gogo’s commercial aviation service was called “Gogo Inflight Internet.” After the name change, the company’s business aviation business department It’s still called Aircell. It’s a bit convoluted? Just like a village in Bao’an, Shenzhen, now Bao’an is a district in Shenzhen, one reason:-)) and its flight portal Gogo™ by providing a 10,000-meter high-altitude stable wifi Internet experience, bring A revolutionary passenger experience on commercial flights. Aircell (the predecessor of GOGO) also provides airlines with video, audio, TV and other in-flight value-added services. Aircell has offices in Bloomfield, Colorado and Itasca, Illinois. Aircell’s vision is to enable everyone to keep in touch with the world during the flight
- On August 5, 2008, Delta Air Lines announced that it would install Gogo on all its domestic aircraft
- In March 2009, Virgin America became the first airline to provide in-flight Internet access for the entire fleet
- On July 14, 2009, AirTran Airways installed Gogo on its 136 aircraft
- October 2, 2009, United Airlines United Airlines from New York JFK to Los Angeles, United ps on Flight 23 for the first time launched the Gogo service
- On November 20, 2009, Gogo announced that Air Canada Air Canada had begun trial operation of Gogo on some Toronto and Montreal-Los Angeles flights, most of which were in the United States.
- On February 24, 2010, Alaska Airlines announced that it would provide Gogo services throughout its fleet. In the fall of 2011, the installation work was completed
- In June 2010, US Airways installed in-flight WiFi systems for all 51 Airbus A321 aircraft. Passengers will be able to access the Internet at an altitude of 10,000 meters. The installation will be completed in the fall of 2011.
- On February 5, 2012, Frontier Airlines announced that all its Embraer 190 aircraft were equipped with Gogo and began to provide services the next day
- On May 18, 2012, Gogo announced that it will provide Ku -band satellite technology at the end of the year as a transitional measure to support transoceanic flights
- In September 2013, Gogo announced a new generation of onboard WiFi-Gogo GTO. According to the company, the speed of Gogo GTO can exceed 60Mbps. The antenna under the new generation WiFi system can also reduce the drag and fuel consumption encountered by the aircraft in flight, and it can also improve the flight efficiency of the aircraft. Virgin Atlantic has established a new-generation WiFi technology partnership with Gogo
About Gogo’s wifi service
The Gogo® service developed by Gogo Company turns commercial flights into Wi-Fi hotspots, thereby providing a true air Internet experience. Passengers can surf the Internet, check emails, send instant messages, and access corporate VPNs by using Wi-Fi terminals such as laptops, smart phones, and personal handheld computers.
In terms of tariffs, users use their laptops, mobile phones, tablets and other devices to surf the Internet at US$5 per hour on domestic routes in the United States, and unlimited Internet access is only US$16 for 24 hours a day. If customers want a monthly subscription, the fee is US$59.95/month . If you take Virgin Atlantic, Dallas Airlines or a certain airline, you can choose to monthly subscription by airline, as long as $49.94/month.
Gogo Inc (GOGO) investment:
GOGO was listed on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange in the United States on June 21, 2013. The IPO price was US$17, 11 million shares were issued, and US$187 million was raised. As of the review on April 20, 2015, the stock price is $21.31, and the stock price has experienced a roller coaster. In view of the fact that the company has not yet achieved profitability and other large companies will join the competition at any time, although the subject matter is novel, it is recommended to participate with caution.