The Boston Beer Company, Inc. (NYSE: SAM) was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. It has 1,543 full-time employees and mainly produces and sells alcoholic beverages in the United States.
Boston Beer Company (SAM):
Boston Beer Company mainly produces and sells alcoholic beverages in the United States. The company’s flagship beer is Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
The Boston Beer Company offers a variety of beers, hard ciders and hard drinks under the brands of Samuel Adams, Twisted Tea, Angry Orchard Hard Cider and Truly Hard Seltzer.
The Boston Beer Company sells and distributes its products to approximately 375 US wholesaler networks, international wholesalers, importers or other agents, which in turn sell to retailers such as grocery stores, club stores, convenience stores, and liquor stores , Bars, restaurants, stadiums and other retail stores.
The brands of The Boston Beer Company include:
- 60 kinds of beer, mainly sold under the Samuel Adams or Sam Adams brands;
- 12 kinds of malt liquors, sold under the Twisted Tea brand;
- 10 types of cider, sold under the Angry Orchard brand;
- 40 kinds of beer, sold under the Alchemy & Science brand.
The Boston Beer Company’s beer brand is mainly Samuel Adams, and its products are sold to wholesalers, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores, bottled liquor stores, stadiums and other retail channels.
The history of Boston Beer Company (SAM):
- In 1984, James Koch and Rhonda Kallman founded The Boston Beer Company. Initially the beer was handed over to the Pittsburgh Brewing Company. Later, as the business continued to expand, many foundries were found, including: Portland’s Blitz-Weinhard Brewery (1999), Hudepohl-Schoenling Brewery in Cincinnati (acquired by Boston Beer in 1997) and industry giant SABMiller (LSE: SAB, JSE: SAB);
- In 1995, The Boston Beer Company IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange;
- In 1997, Boston Beer founded Hardcore Cider, and in 2000 established the Twisted Tea brand;
- In 2007, Boston Beer Company purchased the former F. & M. Schaefer Brewing Company, Pennsylvania’s Breinigsville brewery, which was previously owned by Diageo North America, Inc. By 2012, two thirds of Samuel Adams’ beer will be produced in this factory;
- In 2012, the Angry Orchard Cider Company was established in Ohio.
- On May 10, 2019, the Boston Beer Company has signed a merger agreement worth approximately $300 million to acquire Dogfish Head Brewery.