Monster Beverage Corporation (NASDAQ: MNST) was founded in 1935, formerly known as Hansen Natural Corporation, and changed to its current name in January 2012. Headquartered in Corona, California, with 1,500 full-time employees, it is a beverage company. Including: carbonated drinks, non-carbonated drinks, functional drinks, ready-to-drink iced tea, soda, sparkling water, juice, fruit cocktail, coconut water, ready-to-drink lemonade, ready-to-drink lemon tea, brewed drinks, probiotics Powder etc.
Monster Beverage Corporation (MNST):
Monster Beverage Corporation is a beverage manufacturer and seller with many brands, including: Nalu, Burn, NOS, Ultra, Mother, Relentless, BU, BPM, M3, Samurai, Gladiator, Monster Energy, Monster Rehab, Monster Energy Extra Strength Nitrous Technology, Juice Monster, Java Monster, Muscle Monster, Mega Monster Energy, Punch Monster, Play and Power Play, Übermonster, Full Throttle, etc.
Monster Beverage Corporation (MNST) history:
- In the 1930s, Hubert Hansen and his three sons began supplying Hansen’s brand juice products to movie theaters and retailers in Southern California;
- In 1970, Hubert’s grandson Tim Hansen expanded his business, developed and sold a variety of carbonated drinks and juices, and continued to use the Hansen’s brand;
- The company name was changed several times, and later became Hansen’s Juices, and later changed to The Fresh Juice Company of California;
- In 1988, the company filed for bankruptcy and was acquired by California CoPackers Corporation and changed its name to Hansen Natural Company;
- In 1998, the company moved from Anaheim, California to Corona, California;
- On January 5, 2012, shareholders voted to change the company name from Hansen’s Natural to Monster Beverage Corporation;
- As of May 2012, Monster Beverage Corporation accounted for 35% of the US$31.9 billion Energy Drink Market;
- In August 2014, Coca-Cola acquired a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage for US$2.15 billion through an asset swap.
Monster Beverage Corporation’s products are mainly sold to beverage distributors, chain food retail stores, wholesalers, drugstores, mass merchandisers, chain convenience stores, catering companies, etc.