Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LGND) was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in La Jolla, California, USA, with 116 full-time employees. It is a professional biotechnology and biopharmaceutical company .
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND):
Ligand’s internal product development projects include the glucagon receptor antagonist program, the oral human granulocyte colony stimulating factor program, the LTP platform, kinase inhibitors, HepDirect HCV inhibitors, etc. LGND is developing a combination of treatments for a series of diseases for patients, including hepatitis, multiple myeloma, muscle contraction, Alzheimer’s disease, dyslipidemia, diabetes, anemia, epilepsy, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis And osteoporosis.
Ligand Pharmaceuticals has reached cooperation agreements with GlaxoSmithKline , Amgen , Merck , Pfizer , Baxter International and Eli Lilly.
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND) product:
- Promacta-used in dentistry to increase the number of platelets in the blood
- Kyprolis-for the treatment of multiple myeloma
- Bazedoxifene-for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Captisol-enabled Noxafil-IV-posaconazole preparation for intravenous injection
The later development plan of Ligand includes:
- Captisol-enabled Melphalan IV
- MK-8931 β-secretase inhibitor
- SAGE-547 with CAPTISOL function
- CAPTISOL function delafloxacin-IV
- CAPTISOL function carbamazepine-IV inhibitor IRAK4
- LTP technology and omega-3 fatty acids, biological treatment platform,
- Topiramate IV with CAPTISOL function
- Captisol function lamotrigine IV