Royal Gold, Inc. (NASDAQ: RGLD, TSX: RGL, FWB: GR3) was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA, with 23 full-time employees. It is a precious metals company in more than 20 countries around the world. Engaged in the acquisition and management of the right to use precious metals, mainly including gold, silver, copper, zinc, lead and other minerals.
Royal Gold (RGLD):
Royal Gold, Inc. focuses on acquiring franchise rights or projects in the production development stage in exchange for exclusive rights projects. As of June 30, 2016 , Royal Gold has 4 production stage assets and 3 development stage assets. Stream interests; owns 34 production stage assets, 21 development stage assets, and 131 exploration stage assets with franchise interests (royalty interests).
As of December 31, 2015, Royal Gold’s precious metal reserves were approximately 86.1 million ounces of gold and 779.5 million ounces of silver based on the company’s interests. In contrast, as of December 31, 2014, Royal Gold reserves were approximately 73.7 million ounces of gold and 764 million ounces of silver.
As of February 28, 2019 , Royal Gold has interests in 191 mining products on five continents, including interests in 41 production mines and 17 development stage projects.
Royal Gold’s main metal stream rights and concessions are located in the United States, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Ghana. In addition, Royal Gold also owns metal streams and concessions in mines and projects in Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Finland, Guatemala, Honduras, Macedonia, Nicaragua, Peru, Russia, Spain and Tunisia. Right to use.
Royal Gold (RGLD) History:
- In 1981, the company was established under the name Royal Resources Corporation , an oil and gas exploration and production company.
- After four to five years of prosperity, the collapse of oil prices caused the company to shake and shift its focus from oil and gas to gold. During this transition period, Mr. Stanley Dempsey was a director of Royal Resources, Inc. and a co-founder of Denver Mining Finance Corporation (DMFC), a commercial bank that provides mergers and acquisitions and financing services for mining companies .
- Mr. Dempsey’s newly established company DMFC formulated Royal Resources’ strategy to become a gold mining company. Royal Resources acquired DMFC in 1986, and Mr. Dempsey and his DMFC partner Mr. Edwin Peiker were asked to manage the new Royal Gold. By September 1987, the company actively sought to acquire gold producers and future exploration assets in order to achieve its goal of becoming a substantial gold producer and prospector.
- In October 1987, the fall in the stock market caused Royal Gold to re-adjust its business strategy. The company looks for partners in its assets and focuses on becoming a minority shareholder in important gold assets operated by major mining companies.
- In the long run, this final tactic proved to be a very successful strategy. After several years of lean production, Royal Gold obtained the rights to metal flow at Cortez Pipeline Mining Complex in Nevada and became a platform for today’s efficient metal flow business model.
- Mr. Dempsey served as the President and Chief Operating Officer of Royal Gold from 1987 to 1988; Chairman from 2002 to 2003; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer from 1988 to 2006; Executive Chairman from 2006 to 2008; and He served as chairman in 2009 until his retirement from Royal Gold’s board of directors in May 2014. Mr. Dempsey was inducted into the National Mining Hall of Fame in 2016.
- In February 2010, Royal Gold, Inc. completed the acquisition of International Royalty Company (IRC) for US$702 million.
- Today, Royal Gold is a leading precious metals streaming and royal equity company with rights to some of the most attractive gold mines in the world. The company is growing rapidly. The current investment portfolio includes 43 production stage minerals, 17 development stage assets, 53 appraisal assets and 77 exploration stage assets.