Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM) was founded in 1997, formerly known as TRICON Global Restaurants, Inc., and changed to its current name in May 2002. Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, USA, it has 90,000 full-time employees. , Through its subsidiaries, develop, operate and join fast food restaurants. It is one of many well-known brands, including: KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Little Sheep, East Dawning, A & W, LongJohnSilver’s ( LJS) and other parent (2016 stripped Chinese business establishment Parkson catering China and to sell, at present China Parkson Its KFC and Pizza Hut have nothing to do with Yum!).
Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM):
Yum Brands Inc. is a fast-food catering company. As of February 21, 2017, it has more than 43,500 restaurants in 135 countries and regions around the world, mainly operating through the three brand concepts of KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
- KFC was established in Corbin and provides fried and non-fried chicken products such as sandwiches, chicken nuggets, bone-in chicken and other chicken products around the world. The well-known Kentucky Fried Chicken (Kentucky Fried Chicken), or KFC for short, is one of the multinational restaurant chains in the United States. It is also the world’s second largest fast food (after McDonald’s) and the largest fried chicken chain company. De David Sanders was founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1930. It sells high-calorie fast foods such as fried chicken, burgers, French fries, egg tarts, and soda. After KFC came to China, it launched many products that are only sold in China according to the consumption habits of Chinese people, such as: fried dough sticks, soy milk, rice, Sichuan spicy tender beef rolls, old Beijing chicken rolls and other products. This is why they are sold all over the world. Within the scope, KFC is only better than McDonald’s in China. In order to seize the Chinese market, Yum has acquired a number of local Chinese catering company brands, such as Shanghai’s Dongfang Jibai, and the Little Sheep chain hot pot. At present, the only thing KFC has not set foot in is high-end catering.
- The first Pizza Hut restaurant opened in Wichita, Kansas in 1958. It mainly sells pizzas with different flavors and names. Most stores also provide meals such as pasta and chicken wings.
- The first Taco Bell restaurant was established by Glen Bell in Downey, California in 1962. It mainly serves a variety of Mexican food, including tacos (tortillas), burritos (burritos), quesadillas (quesadillas), and salads. , Nachos (Mexican nachos) and other related meals.
Yum Restaurants, which owns Yum Group, mainly includes YUM Restaurants China (YUM China Restaurant), YUM Restaurants International (YUM International Restaurant), Taco Bell US, KFC US (KFC), Pizza Hut US (American Pizza Hut) and YUM Restaurants India ( YUM Indian Restaurant) and other six major business units. In 2016, the company packaged and sold its mainland China business.
Yum is in China (I’m sorry, Yum is no longer in China (;′⌒`)):
It has been 27 years since KFC opened China’s first restaurant in Qianmen, Beijing in 1987. Now KFC China has opened more than 4,600 chain restaurants in more than 950 cities and towns, covering all provinces, cities, and autonomous regions in mainland China except Tibet. It is the largest and fastest-growing fast food chain in China.
- November 1987- KFC came to China and opened the first restaurant in Qianmen, Beijing
- June 1995- Opening of the 50th KFC restaurant in Shanghai Tianshan
- June 1996- KFC China’s 100th restaurant opened in Beijing Anzhenqiao
- May 2000- KFC China official website www.kfc.com.cn officially opened
- August 2000-The first Chinese KFC franchise franchise store was officially authorized and transferred in Liyang City, Changzhou
- October 2001- KFC China’s 500th restaurant opened on Huaihai Road, Shanghai
- December 2001- KFC’s global classic product take-away family bucket was launched
- June 2002- Mexican chicken rolls were launched, creating a new way of eating hamburgers
- September 2002- KFC China’s first “Car Shuttle Restaurant” opened in Beijing
- September 2002- The 700th KFC Chinese restaurant opened in Shenzhen
- August 2003- New grilled products-New Orleans grilled wings listed
- January 2004- KFC China’s 1,000th restaurant opened in Beijing
- September 2004- Portuguese egg tarts were launched
- December 2004- KFC China opened its 1,200th restaurant in Sanya, Hainan
- October 2005- KFC China’s 1500th restaurant and Shanghai’s first car shuttle restaurant opened in Shanghai
- November 2007 -The 2000th restaurant opened in Chengdu
- October 2008-The first conventional beef product-Sichuan spicy tender beef Wufang was launched
- June 2009- KFC China opened its 2600th restaurant in Zhengzhou, Henan
- June 2010- KFC China’s 3000th restaurant opened in Shanghai
- September 2012- KFC China’s 4000th restaurant opened in Dalian
2. Pizza Hut
Since opening China’s first restaurant in Beijing in 1990, it has won the love of Chinese consumers. As of the end of December 2014, Pizza Hut has more than 1,300 happy restaurants in more than 350 cities in China, and it has become the largest pizza chain brand in China.
The origin of Pizza Hut
In 1958, the young Carney brothers in the United States created Pizza Hut with a pizza restaurant with only 25 seats, like a “hut” (HUT). Today, more than 50 years later, Pizza Hut has developed into the world’s largest and best pizza chain restaurant system.
- In 1998, Pizza Hut launched the “casual catering” business model for the first time in China, creating a brand new catering field
- Since the opening of the first Pizza Express in mainland China in Gubei, Shanghai in June 2001, Pizza Express has successfully opened more than 250 stores in 35 cities including Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi and Ningbo. Food Delivery Store
- In 2003, Pizza Hut officially established the brand name of “Happy Restaurant”, which is more intimate
- In 2006, Pizza Hut re-positioned “Western casual dining expert”
- In 2008, Pizza Hut began to change the menu every six months, with more than 25% new ones each time
- In 2010, the Pizza Hut brand slogan was upgraded to “Pizza and More”
3. Little Sheep
Inner Mongolia Little Sheep Catering Chain Co., Ltd. was founded in August 1999. In June 2008, Little Sheep Group Co., Ltd. (“Little Sheep”) was listed in Hong Kong. It is China’s first branded catering company listed in Hong Kong. In February 2012, Yum! Catering Group successfully completed the privatization of Little Sheep by means of an agreement plan. Little Sheep was officially delisted from the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on February 2, 2012 and became a new catering brand under Yum! As of the end of December 2014, Little Sheep has opened nearly 300 restaurants in mainland China, and the chain stores have entered the United States, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau and other markets.
Four, the East is white
The first store was opened in Shanghai in April 2005, and more than 20 chain restaurants have been opened in 7 cities including Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM) investment:
On November 1, 2016, Yum! Catering spin-off China business, established Parkson Catering China , and went public independently.
In terms of global development status and various financial indicators, Yum! Except for its low market value (about 1/3 of McDonald’s), other indicators are not as good as MCD . We suggest that if you want to invest in the fast food industry, you can buy McDonald’s or a lower market value Burger King .