McDonald’s (NYSE: MCD) is a global large-scale multinational restaurant chain. It was founded in the United States in 1940 and headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois. It has 420,000 full-time employees. As of December 31, 2015, McDonald’s had a total of 36,525 worldwide. Restaurants, including 30,081 franchise (franchise) restaurants, including 21,147 traditional franchise stores, 5,529 development license holders, 3,405 foreign subsidiaries; and 6,444 company-operated (self-operated) restaurants.
McDonald’s mainly sells fast foods such as burgers and French fries, fried chicken, soda, ice, salads, fruits, etc. I believe you know this better than I know, hehe, so I won’t introduce the products.
McDonald’s (MCD) History:
- On October 5, 1902, McDonald’s founder Ray Krock was born in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- In 1903, the hamburger familiar to Americans was unveiled at the St. Louisiana Purchase Fair in Missouri.
- In 1940, Richard McDonald’s and Morris McDonald’s brothers founded the “Dick and Mac McDonald” restaurant in San Bernardino, California, USA, which is the prototype of the McDonald’s restaurant today.
- In 1948, the restaurant introduced the principle of “fast service system”, referred to as “fast restaurant”.
- In 1955, Chief Executive Ray Klock opened the first McDonald’s restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois with the distribution rights, and the company’s ninth branch. The turnover on the first day was $366.12.
- In 1960, Ray Kroc officially changed the name of the restaurant “Dick and Mac McDonald” to “McDonald’s”.
- In 1961, Ray Kroc bought the McDonald’s brothers’ restaurant for US$2.7 million. Hamburger University was established in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, to provide specialized training for McDonald’s managers around the world.
- In 1962, McDonald’s sold the billionth hamburger, and Ronald McDonald’s uncle made his debut in Washington.
- McDonald’s opened its first international restaurant in Canada in 1967.
- In 1968, the “Big Mac” was launched, and McDonald’s established an international business department.
- In 1972, the value of McDonald’s assets reached US$1 billion.
- In 1973, the first Uncle McDonald’s House was established in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Uncle McDonald’s House is specially set up for the families of children who are receiving treatment for cancer or other fatal diseases.
- In 1977, McDonald’s officially added a variety of set meals to restaurants across the country. 1980 McDonald’s 25th anniversary, McDonald’s opened its 1,000th international restaurant in Hong Kong, and its international turnover exceeded US$1 billion for the first time.
- The 50 billionth hamburger was sold in 1984; the founder of McDonald’s Ray Crocker died at the age of 81; in memory of Ray Crocker, the company established the Uncle McDonald’s Children’s Charity Fund to fund various children’s programs It covers healthcare, medical research, education and art, civic and social services.
- In 1988 the 10,000th McDonald’s restaurant was established.
- In 1990, McDonald’s opened its first restaurants in Mainland China (Shenzhen) and the Soviet Union (Moscow).
- On March 4, 2015, McDonald’s USA announced the phasing out of the purchase of chicken products that used certain human antibiotics in the breeding process. But this plan is only implemented in 14,000 restaurants in the United States, and will not affect McDonald’s more than 20,000 restaurants overseas, including China.
McDonald’s (MCD) China development history:
- In 1990, Shenzhen, the first McDonald’s in Mainland China opened
- In 1992 in Beijing, built the world’s largest McDonald’s
- In 1993 in Guangzhou, achieved the highest sales record in McDonald’s history
- Established the first McDonald’s dessert station in 1994
- In 1995, in Nanjing, achieved the highest average sales per transaction in McDonald’s history
- The first value package launched in 1996
- In 2001, the new wheat coffee landed in China
- McDonald’s 24-hour restaurant debuted in 2005
- In 2005, opened the first drive-thru car restaurant in mainland China in Dongguan
- In 2006, China McDonald’s Uncle House Charity Fund was formally established
- In 2008, McDonald’s 24-hour food delivery service, McDonald’s delivery service started
- In 2008, the 1,000th restaurant in mainland China opened in Dongguan
- In 2010, McDonald’s University of Hamburg, China was formally established
- The image of the restaurant was upgraded in 2010, the 20th anniversary carnival
- Global partner for the 2012 London Olympics
- Rice launched in 2013
- In December 2016, McDonald’s sold its Chinese business to an alliance invested by China’s CITIC and the United States for more than US$2 billion. McDonald’s China has come to an end. Since then, McDonald’s China is just a brand licensor of McDonald’s (not even franchisees). Following KFC, A world-class fast food company withdrew from the Chinese market.
McDonald’s (MCD) investment advice:
MCD and the KFC of the YUM family and Burger King make similar things. For investment advice, please refer to YUM .