Ralph Lauren (or translated: Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Polo) Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) was established in 1967 and is headquartered in New York, USA, with 15,000 full-time employees. It is a company full of strong An American high-taste fashion brand company specializing in high-end men’s wear, women’s wear, children’s wear, perfume, household goods, etc. The flagship store is located in the former Rhinelander mansion on Madison Avenue in New York City.
Ralph Lauren is the pioneer of POLO shirts!
Ralph Lauren (RL):
Ralph Lauren (RALPH LAUREN) is a well-known brand in the United States, and it is also a high-taste fashion brand in the fashion industry. Ralph Lauren (RalphLauren) has two famous brands “Lauren Ralph Lauren” (Ralph Lauren women’s clothing) and “Polo Ralph Lauren” (Ralph Lauren polo men’s clothing).
The Ralph Lauren brand outlines an American dream: a long lawn, crystal antiques, and a famous horse horse. Ralph Lauren’s products: whether it is clothing or furniture, whether it is perfume or utensils, all cater to customers’ yearning for a perfect life in the upper class. The design combines fantasy, romance, innovation and classical inspiration, and all the details are structured in a value that will not be eliminated by time.
As of April 2, 2016, Ralph Lauren operated 493 directly-operated stores, 583 franchised stores, and 10 e-commerce websites. The main competitors are Abercrombie & Fitch , Gap, etc.
In addition to clothing, Ralph Lauren also deals in household products, including textiles such as bed sheets and tablecloths, as well as furniture, small decorations, paints, etc. Ralph Lauren owns the retail store brand “Club Monaco” (operated independently under the system of Ralph Lauren’s entire group). In addition, RL’s RL restaurant in Chicago is also widely known to consumers, and it has also joined hands with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York to support a cancer center in Harlem.
Brands of Ralph Lauren (RL):
RL men’s clothing:
- Purple Label (founded in 1994)
- Black Label
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- RRL (Double RL)
- Rugby (an independent sub-brand)
RL women’s clothing:
- Black Label
- Blue Label
- Lauren Ralph Lauren
- Lauren Jeans Co.
- RRL (Double RL)
- Pink Pony
RL children’s clothing:
Ralph Lauren (RL) History:
- In 1967, Ralph Lauren created the Ralph Lauren brand with a loan of $50,000
- In 1981, Ralph Lauren opened a store in London, England, and began to internationalize
- On June 12, 1997, Ralph Lauren IPO listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- In 2000, Ralph Lauren subsidiary RL Media (a joint venture of Ralph Lauren and NBC) launched its official website and e-commerce website-polo.com
- In 2007, Ralph Lauren acquired the NBC share of RL Media, and the polo.com website was relaunched as ralphlauren.com
- On September 29, 2015, RL announced that Stefan Larsson will replace the company’s founder Ralph Lauren as CEO in November. Lauren will continue to serve as executive chairman and chief creative officer.
Ralph Lauren (RL) investment:
Personally, I like RL’s clothes very much. Basically, they are Ralph Lauren from top to bottom, from inside to outside. I am very satisfied with the materials and styles, and the underwear (big beach pants) is also very comfortable to wear. . Of course, most of them came through overseas shopping (you know, domestic 1400 T-shirts cost only $50 for overseas shopping, how do you choose?), which is why the author talks so much. Ralph Lauren is one of the earliest brand owners who started e-commerce. It can be seen that this company, which is almost 60 years old, is not old. Unfortunately, it is not yet able to send direct mail to China.
PS: Ralph Lauren is one of the top 10 gold stocks recommended by Buffett in 2015.