Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. (NYSE: VSI) was founded in 1977, formerly known as VS Holdings, Inc., changed its current name in November 2009, and is headquartered in Secaucus, New Jersey, USA. With 3,860 full-time employees, it operates as a multi-channel specialty retailer and contract manufacturer of nutritional products in the United States and internationally through its subsidiaries.
Vitamin Shoppe (VSI):
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. (formerly known as Vitamin Shoppe Industries, Inc., or theVitaminShoppe) is a nutritional supplement retailer located in New Jersey, USA. From January 2013 to March 2016, Vitamin Shoppe also operated 3 stores in Canada , The name is VitaPath.
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. is divided into three divisions to operate-Retail, Direct, and Manufacturing.
Vitamin Stores provides customized manufacturing of VMS products and private labeling services, as well as the development and marketing of its own branded products.
Vitamin Shoppe provides approximately 8,000 SKU supplements through its retail website, and more than 20,000 SKU nutritional supplements through its retail website, including approximately 800 brands of vitamins, minerals, herbs, specialty supplements, and sports nutrition. And other health and health products , such as: Optimum Nutrition, Cellucor, Garden of Life, Quest Nutrition, Solaray, Solgar, Nature’s Way and other brands; and private brands such as: Vitamin Shoppe, BodyTech, True Athlete, Mytrition, plnt, ProBioCare , Next Step, Nutri-Force Sport, Betancourt Nutrition, etc.
Vitamin Shoppe sells its products through three brand chain stores: Vitamin Shoppe, Super Supplements and Vitapath; and sells products through catalogs and websites (vitaminshoppe.com).
As of November 7, 2018, Vitamin Shoppe operates 775 Vitamin Shoppe and Super Supplements branded company-owned retail stores; operates 4 franchise stores in Panama; 3 franchise stores in Costa Rica; 2 franchise stores in Paraguay Operate the shop.
Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) history:
- In 1977, Jeffrey Horowitz founded The Vitamin Shoppe;
- In 2002, Vitamin Shoppe Industries was sold to a subsidiary of Bear Stearns Merchant Banking, a private equity subsidiary of Bear Stearns, for US$310 million;
- On October 26, 2009, VS Holdings, Inc. IPO listed on the New York Stock Exchange;
- In November 2009, VS Holdings, Inc. changed its name to Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.;
- In 2010, Vitamin Shoppe had net sales of 751.5 million U.S. dollars, and its market value exceeded 1 billion U.S. dollars.