AutoZone, Inc. (NYSE:AZO) was established in 1979 (his history can be traced back to Auto shack established in 1970), headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, USA, with 53,070 full-time employees (2018/03/31), the largest in the United States Of the auto repair and parts manufacturers, their chain stores are mainly concentrated in the more developed cities in the eastern and west coast of the United States.
AutoZone is the largest auto repair chain brand in the United States. Its predecessor, Auto shack, established in 1970, opened its first store in 1979 and named it “Auto Cabin”, then changed its name to AutoZone in 1987 and continues to use it today , Mainly engaged in auto parts, maintenance devices, etc., but also provide auto credit services, sales of auto diagnosis and repair software.
Auto Zone products and services include :
1. AutoZone provides various accessory products for cars, sport utility vehicles, trucks and light trucks, including new and used auto parts.
2. AutoZone’s products include automotive air-conditioning compressors, batteries and accessories, bearings, belts and hoses, calipers, carburetors, chassis, clutches, CV shafts, engines, fuel pumps, fuses, ignition and lighting products, mufflers, Radiator, thermostat, starter and alternator and water pump.
3. AutoZone also provides vehicle maintenance products, such as antifreeze and windshield washer fluid; brake drums, rotors, pads; brake and power steering fluids, and oil and fuel additives; oil and transmission fluids; engine oil, fuel and gearboxes Filters; oxygen sensors; paint and accessories; refrigerants and accessories; shock absorbers and pillars; spark plugs and wires; and windshield wipers, as well as air fresheners, mobile phone accessories, beverage and snack trays, floor mats And seat covers, interior and exterior accessories, mirrors, performance products, protectants and cleaners, sealants and adhesives, steering wheel covers, audio and radios, tools, washing and wax products.
4. AutoZone also provides sales plans, commercial credit and delivery of parts and other products; and tire repair services.
5. In addition, AutoZone also sells auto diagnostic and repair software under the ALLDATA brand through alldata.com and alldatadiy.com; provides automotive hardware, maintenance items, accessories and non-auto products through autozone.com; provides auto accessories through autoanything.com, Performance products and replacement parts.
AutoZone was listed on the New York Stock Exchange on Independence Day in 1979 (July 4). As of December 5, 2017 , AutoZone has opened 5,480 auto parts chain stores across the United States (including Puerto Rico). At the same time, in Mexico Opened 529 stores, Brazil opened 14 stores, and 26 Interamerican Motor Corporation brand stores.
AutoZone (AZO) History:
- In the 1970s, AutoZone was just a department of Malone & Hyde, and it was called Auto Shack. Later, M & H sold to Fleming Companies and changed its name to AutoZone;
- On July 4, 1979, the first Auto Shack store opened in Forrest City, Arkansas;
- In 1988, Auto Shack officially changed its name to AutoZone;
- In 1991, Auto Zone IPO, listed on the New York Stock Exchange, stock code: AZO;
- In 1995, AutoZone opened its 1,000th store in Louisville, Kentucky;
- In 1996, Auto Zone acquired ALLDATA, an automotive diagnosis and maintenance information software company;
- In 1998, AutoZone acquired 112 auto parts stores of Auto Palace located in 6 states;
- In 1998, Auto Zone acquired TruckPro LP’s 43 stores in 14 states;
- In 1998, AutoZone acquired Chief Auto Parts Inc.’s 560 stores in 5 states;
- In 1999, Auto Zone acquired The Pep Boys— 100 quick stores of Manny, Moe & Jack ;
- In 2001, AutoZone sold TruckPro business to Paratus Capital Management;
- In 2003, Auto Zone released the Duralast tool line and established cooperation with CarMax and Midas;
- In 2008, AutoZone opened its 4000th store in Houston, Texas, with annual sales reaching 6.2 billion US dollars;
- In 2012, Auto Zone opened the first Brazilian store;
- In 2012, AutoZone purchased AutoAnything.com, a leader in aftermarket auto parts e-commerce;
- On November 24, 2014, a shop in the Missouri Auto Strip was burned down during a violent protest;
- In April 2017, AutoZone became the largest auto parts retailer in North America for three consecutive years.