SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc. (NYSE: SITE) was founded in 2001 and headquartered in Roswell, Georgia, with 3135 full-time employees (12/31/2016). It is the largest and the only nationwide wholesaler of landscape supplies in the United States .
SiteOne Landscape Supply (SITE):
SiteOne Landscape Supply is currently the largest landscape company in the United States. As of December 31, 2014, Siteone has opened a total of 471 landscape specialty & wholesale stores in 44 states and 5 provinces in Canada, with more than 90,000 single products (SKUs). ), including irrigation water, fertilizers, herbicides, garden accessories, nursery products, hardscapes (including pavers, natural stones, etc.), landscape lighting products, etc.
In terms of sales, Siteone’s sales in 2014 were four times that of its biggest competitor (the second in the American landscape, ^_^), which was higher than the total sales of the companies that auctioned the 2nd to 15th places. In SiteOne Among the 49 regions (U.S. & Canada) where Landscape operates, the company ranks first or second in 80% of the regions, showing its strength.
SiteOne Landscape Supply has more than 175,000 customers. According to the sales data of the 2014 fiscal year, the company’s top 10 customers accounted for about 5% of the company’s sales. It can be seen that the company’s exposure to a single major customer is extremely low. At the same time, SiteOne has more than 2,900 suppliers covering various fields (including: large irrigation equipment manufacturers, lawn ornamental, fertilizer/chemical companies, lawn supplies, outdoor lighting equipment vendors, hardscapes landscape product vendors, etc.) to supply it. Therefore, SiteOne The grasp and control of the upstream and downstream of the industry are very good.
SiteOne Landscape Supply (SITE) History:
- In 2001, Deere & Company entered the landscape wholesale distribution market by acquiring McGinnis Farms and established John Deere Landscapes;
- In 2005, John Deere Landscapes acquired LESCO®;
- Since then, Deere withdrew from the distribution business to focus on manufacturing;
- In the fourth quarter of 2013, Clayton, Dublier, & Rice purchased John Deere Landscapes;
- In 2014, John Deere Landscapes successively acquired Eljay Irrigation, Diamond Head Sprinkler Supply, Stockyard Horticultural Supply, Boston Irrigation Supply Company (BISCO);
- In 2015, John Deere Landscapes successively acquired AMC Industries, Green Resources, Tieco, Inc. and Shemin Nursery;
- In the fourth quarter of 2015, John Deere Landscapes was renamed SiteOne Landscape Supply;
- In 2016, SiteOne Landscape Supply successively acquired Hydro-Scape Products, Blue Max Materials, Bissett Nursery & Bissett Equipment Comapnies, Glen Allen Nursery.
SiteOne Landscape Supply (SITE) investment:
SiteOne Landscape submitted its IPO prospectus on 8/18/2015 and landed on the New York Stock Exchange on May 12, 2016. It issued 10 million shares at an issue price of US$21.00 and raised US$210 million. It is a behemoth with the stock code: SITE.