Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE:ARCH) was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, with 3,822 full-time employees. It is the largest coal producer in the east and west of the United States.
Arch Coal Inc. (ARCH):
At the end of 2014, Arch Coal had 16 self-operated or contracted mines, including surface mines and underground mines. The Aceh Coal Company has approximately 5 billion tons of coal in its possession. It mainly manufactures and sells cleaner-burning, low-sulfur coal for thermal power generation (themal) and smelting. Its customers include steel mills and other industrial plants on five continents around the world.
As of the end of 2014, Archie Coal had approximately 34,030 acres in Ohio, 21,832 acres in Maryland, 46,556 acres in Virginia, 407,453 acres in West Virginia, and 107,665 acres in Wyoming. , 266,654 acres in Illinois, 128,458 acres in Kentucky, 19,427 acres in Montana, 21,802 acres in New Mexico, 427 acres in Pennsylvania, 18,443 acres in Colorado , Owned and controlled by a long-term lease.
In addition, Arch Coal owns real estate in Alabama, Indiana, Washington, Arkansas, California, Utah and Texas.
Most of the coal of the Aqi Coal Company is sold to power plants, steel plants, and industrial plants.
Arch Coal Company’s main competitors Alpha Natural Energy Company (Alpha Natural Resource), energy cloud (Cloud Peak Energy), Consol Energy (CONSOL Energy), Patriot Coal Company (Patriot Coal Corporation), Peabody Energy company (Peabody energy Corp) and Walter energy (Walter energy).
Arch Coal Inc. (ARCH) History:
- In July 1997, the listed company Ashland Coal, Inc. merged with the private equity company Arch Mineral Corporation to form Arch Coal Inc., which was established in 1969 as a partner of Ashland Oil (now Ashland Inc.) and the HLHunt family Established, and Ashland Coal was established in 1975 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ashland Oil;
- In June 1998, Arch Coal acquired the coal assets of Atlantic Richfield (including Black Thunder Coal Mine, Coal Creek mines, West Elk longwall mine and 65% equity of Canyon Fuel Company);
- In July 2004, Arch Coal acquired the remaining 35% stake in Canyon Fuel Company;
- In August 2004, Aceh Coal acquired Triton’s North Rochelle coal mine and merged it into its Black Thunder operation, thereby entering the Powder River Basin;
- In September 2004, Aceh Coal won 719 million tons of US Federal Reserve, located in the Powder River Basin, and merged into Black Thunder Coal Mine operations;
- In December 2005, Arch Coal sold part of its eastern assets to Magnum Coal Company;
- In August 2006, Aceh Coal acquired one third of Knight Hawk Coal;
- In October 2009, Arch Coal acquired Rio Tinto’s Jacobs Ranch coal mine and merged it into its Black Thunder Coal Mine;
- In November 2009, Arch acquired Otter Creek’s 731 million tons of coal reserves in the Powder River Basin;
- On June 15, 2011, Aceh Coal acquired International Coal Group (ICG) (this time it is still acquiring, it’s strange if you don’t die!!!);
- In June 2013, Arch Coal announced the sale of its Canyon Fuel Company LLC branch (including the Sufco, Skyline, and Dugout Canyo coal mines in Utah) to Bowie Resources, LLC. (Sold now, the response is too slow, it must be a garbage price).