Wesfarmers Limited (OTC: WFAFY, WFAFF, ASX: WES) was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Perth, Australia, with 222,300 full-time employees. It is one of Australia’s largest listed companies and the largest retailer in Australia (the second Yes, Volvos ).
Wesfarmers Limited (WFAFY):
Wesfarmers Limited is an Australian group company headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, mainly engaged in retail, chemicals, fertilizers, coal mining, and industrial and safety products businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
Wesfarmers 2016 fiscal year revenue 65.98 billion Australian dollars, it is Australia’s largest companies, more than Woolworths and BHP Billiton . Wesfarmers is also Australia’s largest private employer with approximately 222,300 employees. The company’s business includes :
Xinong Group operates 801 Coles supermarkets; it has opened 883 liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor brands; 89 hotels; 702 convenience stores; and an online supermarket.
In addition, Xinong Group also provides home, car and owner insurance products and credit cards; under the Bunnings brand (store name), it provides home decoration and outdoor living products through warehouse stores, small stores, transaction centers, frame and truss sites; through 303 Target stores Sell clothing, household goods and general merchandise through the Internet with 220 Kmart stores; provide car service, repair and tire services through 251 Kmart Tyre & Auto Service centers; and through Officeworks stores through office products and solutions.
Furthermore, Xinong Group also supplies building materials; retail office and technology products; manufactures and supplies ammonia, ammonium nitrate, industrial chemicals, sodium cyanide, polyvinyl chloride resin, and wood-plastic composite decoration and screening products; extraction and distribution Liquefied petroleum gas and liquefied natural gas; and manufacturing, importing and distributing phosphate fertilizer, nitrogen fertilizer and potash fertilizer.
In addition, XI Nong Group also provides industrial supplies and safety products; provides risk management and compliance services; provides industrial and corporate work clothes; distributes industrial gases; and holds the rights and interests of the Curragh and Bengalla coal mines.
History of Wesfarmers Limited (WFAFY):
- In 1914, Westralian Farmers Co-operative Limited was founded by the Farmers’ and Settlers’ Association of Western Australia as a cooperative company to acquire the assets of West Australian Producers’ Union. It was the predecessor of the Western Australia Group.
- As of 1919, more than 65 local cooperative companies have become agents of Westralian Farmers Limited.
- In 1924, it established the first 6WF public radio station in Western Australia, and in 1929 it fell into the hands of the Australian Broadcasting Commission (Australian Broadcasting Commission).
- In 1984, Westralian Farmers Co-operative Limited established Wesfarmers Limited, which was reorganized by a cooperative into a listed company and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on November 15, 1984 . Initially, the cooperative retained 60% of the common stock to ensure that the farmer members of the cooperative had control rights.
- In 1987, the company purchased 10% of Bunnings and controlled 100% of the shares in 1994.
- In January 1993, Dalgety Farmers was purchased, but the integration of Wesfarmers and Dalgety Farmers proved more difficult than expected.
- After the merger, the rural institutions and commodity businesses of the two companies became the new Wesfarmers Dalgety, which was renamed Wesfarmers Landmark after IAMA Limited became a shareholder in March 2001.
- In early 2000, the Australian Railroad Group (Australian Railroad Group), a joint venture established with Genesee & Wyoming to purchase Westrail, was sold to Babcock & Brown and Queensland Rail in 2006.
- In 2001, Wesfarmers became a freely listed company with open ownership. After becoming a public company, Wesfarmers expanded its interests by acquiring other businesses.
- In August 2003, Wesfarmers foundation business was sold to AWB Limited (formerly Australia Wheat Board).
- On July 2, 2007, Sino Group announced that it would acquire Coles Supermarket, the retail business of Coles Group, for A$22 billion. This acquisition became the largest successful acquisition in the history of Australian companies. After paying about A$20 billion, Sino Group officially took control of Coles on November 23, 2007.
- In February 2016, it acquired British retailer Homebase.
- In February 2017, the first Bunnings store in the UK was opened.