Stoneridge, Inc. (NYSE:SRI) was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Novi, Michigan, USA. It has 4,500 full-time employees. It is a company that designs and designs for the automobile, commercial vehicle, motorcycle, off-highway and agricultural vehicle markets. Companies that manufacture engineering electrical and electronic components, modules, and systems.
Stoneridge, Inc. (SRI):
Stoneridge, Inc. is an independent designer and manufacturer that provides highly engineered electrical and electronic components, modules and systems for the automotive, commercial vehicle, motorcycle, agricultural and off-highway vehicle markets. The Stoneridge solution can power vehicle intelligent systems, significantly improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions, and improve the safety of everyone on the road.
Stoneridge Company is divided into 3 departments to operate : Control Devices (control equipment), Electronics (electronic equipment) and PST.
- Control Devices-provides sensors, switches, valves and actuators for monitoring, measuring or activating specific functions in the vehicle.
- Electronics——Provide electronic dashboards, electronic control units and driver information systems, as well as camera-based vision systems, monitors and related products. Its products collect, store and display vehicle information, such as speed, pressure, maintenance data, trip information, operator performance, temperature, driving distance, and driver information related to vehicle performance. The department’s power distribution modules and systems regulate, coordinate and guide the operation of the electrical system in the vehicle.
- PST-provides on-board audio and video equipment, electronic vehicle safety alerts, convenience accessories, infotainment systems, and vehicle monitoring and tracking equipment. Provide products and systems for various OEMs and first-tier customers, as well as various vehicle platforms for after-sales distributors and large merchants.
Stoneridge, Inc. (SRI) History:
- In 1965, the company was founded in Warren, Ohio.
- In 1988, Stoneridge acquired Joseph Pollak Corporation, which was founded in 1909.
- In 1992, Stoneridge acquired the Transportation Electronics Division of General Instruments.
- In 1995, Stoneridge acquired the electric door lock actuator business unit of Kelsey-Hayes.
- In 1996, Stoneridge acquired approximately 45% of Berifors AB, a Swedish manufacturer of electronic display panels and meters for the European truck and commercial vehicle market.
- In 1997, Stoneridge IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1997, Stoneridge signed a 50%/50% joint venture agreement with Brazil’s PSTAmazônia SA, which provided the company with a platform for further expansion into the South American market.
- In 1998, Stoneridge acquired Hi-Stat Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- In 1999, Stoneridge acquired assets from a division of Delta Schoeller Limited (later renamed Stoneridge Pollak Limited) in the UK to increase the company’s market share of switches, actuators and sensor products in the European market.
- In 1999, Stoneridge acquired TVI Europe, Ltd. (later renamed Stoneridge Electronics Limited) located in Dundee, Scotland, to provide the company with products in the field of commercial vehicle transportation monitoring equipment.
- In 2004, it established a joint venture with Minda Group.
- In 2005, Stoneridge established a new subsidiary in Suzhou, China, to manufacture sensors, switches, electronic instruments and other related electromechanical products for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets.
- In 2009, Stoneridge acquired a 51% stake in Bolton Conductive Systems LLC (“BCS”).
- In 2011, Stoneridge acquired a 24% additional stake in PST Eletrônica SA, increasing its shareholding from 50% to 74%.
- In 2014, Stoneridge acquired the ownership of Motometer GmbHB, which was established in 1912. Motometer GmbHB is a German-based distributor of tachographs, accessories and Motodrive analysis software.
- In 2014, Stoneridge sold its cabling business to Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. in order to concentrate resources on the technology-driven business unit.
- In 2016, the company’s headquarters moved from Warren, Ohio to Novi, Michigan.
- In January 2017, Stoneridge completed the acquisition of Orlaco Products BV.
- In May 2017, Stoneridge acquired 100% of PST Electrtrônica LTDA (“PST”).