Saia, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA) was founded in 1924, formerly known as SCS Transportation, Inc., headquartered in Johns Creek, Georgia, USA, with 10,400 full-time employees, and through its subsidiaries in North America Operates as a transportation company (cars, trucks).
Saia, Inc. (SAIA):
Saia, Inc. is an American trucking company (trucking company), or less than truckload (LTL, popular science: what is less than truckload ) company, together with its subsidiaries, provides all kinds of trucking and LTL transportation within and between regions Transportation, logistics and supply chain solutions, the company carries goods between 100 pounds and 10,000 pounds, and the customer areas it serves include retail, chemical, and manufacturing.
Saia’s three operational service groups are Saia LTL, Saia Logistics Service and LinkEx.
As of December 31, 2016, Saia, Inc. had 151 self-owned and leased service facilities, approximately 3,986 tractors and 13,183 trailers.
Saia, Inc. ranks among the top ten LTL carriers in the United States, with revenue of $1.7 billion in 2018.
As of December 31, 2018, Saiyan had 168 terminals in 48 states in the United States and Canada. Through Saia’s partner network, it provides services to most parts of the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico and Puerto Rico. As of 2018, Saia has more than 10,500 employees and ships 28,000 pieces per day.
As of March 3, 2020, Saia Inc. operates 169 terminals in 44 states in the United States.
Saia, Inc. (SAIA) History Encyclopedia:
- In 1924, Louis Saia, Sr founded a company in Houma, Louisiana;
- In 1987, the Saia family sold Saia to Preston Trucking;
- In 1993, Yellow Corporation acquired Preston Trucking, including Saia;
- In 1995, Saia merged with Smalley Transportation;
- In 2002, Saia and Jevic Transportation, another subsidiary of Yellow Corporation, spun off from Yellow Corporation and established an independent listed company-SCST (SCS Transportation, Inc.);
- In 2004, SCST acquired Clark Brothers Transport, Inc.;
- In 2006, SCST sold Jevic Transportation and Saia, Inc. began to trade on Nasdaq under the code SAIA;
- In 2007, Saia, Inc. acquired The Connection Company;
- In 2007, Saia, Inc. acquired Madison Freight Systems, Inc.;
- In 2012, Saia, Inc. acquired The Robart Companies.