Mission Produce, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVO) was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Oxnard, California, USA. It has 3700 full-time employees. It is a global leader in the procurement, production and distribution of fresh avocados (avocados) and serves retail outlets in more than 25 countries. , Wholesale and catering services to provide services to customers.
Mission Produce, Inc. (AVO):
Mission Produce was founded in 1983 by veterans in the agricultural products industry and avocado (avocado) growers Steve Barnard and Ed Williams. They discovered the potential of avocados early and began to build the foundation for the most advanced global avocado network established today. For more than 35 years, Mission Produce has invested in personnel, state-of-the-art technology and avocado-specific infrastructure to professionally provide services to customers, growers and partners.
Mission Produce’s business includes four packaging facilities in the United States, Mexico and Peru, 11 distribution and curing centers in the United States, Canada, China and the Netherlands, and three sales offices in the United States, China and the Netherlands.
Mission Produce has more than 10,000 acres of land in Peru, of which 8,300 acres currently mainly produce avocados (avocado), and the rest is green space that the company plans to plant and harvest in the next few years.
Mission Produce is the first American company to import avocados (avocados) from Mexico, Peru and Chile, and the company is the first company to establish a mature center during the distribution process.
Mission Produce, Inc. (AVO):
Mission Produce 1983
- In 1983, Mission Produce was established in Oxnard, California.
- In 1984, Mission de Mexico was established in Uruapan, Michoacán, Mexico.
- In 1985, started exporting Mexican fruits to Asian, European and Canadian markets.
- In 1986, the first processor to import avocados from Chile.
- In 1993, the first avocado ripening center was established, and the first avocado ripening program was launched in California with Ralphs.
- In 1997, approved by the United States Department of Agriculture, it became one of the first companies to import Mexican avocados to the United States.
- In 1997, began to import avocados from New Zealand.
- In 2001, began shipping Peruvian fruits to Canada.
- In 2003, the eighth regional ripening center was opened, which can provide ripe avocados throughout North America.
- In 2011, fruit packaging began in Santiago, Chile.
- In 2011, one of the first importers to import Peruvian avocados to the United States.
- In 2012, 2600 hectares of Hass avocados were planted in Peru.
- In 2013, opened a sales office and distribution center in the Netherlands.
- In 2014, the largest and most advanced packaging plant in North America was established in Oxnard, California.
- In 2015, the delivery facility in the Netherlands began construction of the maturation room; the world’s largest avocado packaging factory was built in Chao, Peru.
- In 2017, announced the establishment of Mr. Avocado, a joint venture with Lantao and Pagoda, and opened the first avocado ripening facility in China.
- In 2017, a mature facility was opened in Breda, the Netherlands; Mission announced a partnership with Cartama, Colombia’s largest avocado supplier.
- In 2018, Mission Foodservice was established.
- In 2019, Mission launched READY (commodity plan) to encourage retailers to go through two mature stages.
- In 2019, Mission Produce and Hazel Technologies, Inc. announced a partnership to extend the shelf life of avocados.
Mission Produce, Inc. (AVO) investment:
Mission Produce, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVO) is listed on NASDAQ on 10/1/2020 IPO. The planned issue price is $15.00-$17.00, the actual issue price is US$12, 9.4 million shares are issued, and 112.8 million US dollars are raised. BofA Securities / JPMorgan/ Citigroup underwriting, Roth Capital Partners/ Stephens, Inc./ DA Davidson & Co. joint.