Mercantil Bank Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTB, AMTBB) was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida, USA with 948 full-time employees (9/30/2018). It is a bank holding company that provides a variety of banks by controlling Mercantil Commercebank Products and services, and through Mercantil Investment Services and Mercantil Trust Company, provide trust and investment financial services.
Mercantil Bank Holding (AMTB):
For nearly 40 years, Mercantil Bank has been committed to providing value-added and meaningful financial services to provide customers, employees and the communities served by the company with a high-quality life.
Since opening its first banking center (branch) in North Miami, Florida in 1979, Mercantil Bank has been committed to providing quality financial products and services, ensuring the well-being and professional development of more than 900 employees, long-term strategic thinking, and supporting local Community organizations, as partners, work together and achieve success.
To date, Mercantil Bank operates 22 banking centers-15 in South Florida, 7 in Houston, and 1 New York commercial real estate loan office.
As of June 30, 2018 , Mercantil Bank had US$8.5 billion in assets, US$6.2 billion in loans, US$6.4 billion in deposits, US$719.4 million in shareholders’ equity and US$1.7 billion in managed and custody assets.
As of October 30, 2018 , Mercantil Bank operated 23 banking centers, of which 15 were located in South Florida, 8 were located in Houston, and 1 commercial real estate loan office was located in Manhattan, New York.
As the fifth largest bank headquartered in Florida, Mercantil Bank, through its subsidiaries Mercantil Investment Services and Mercantil Trust Company, provides various domestic, international, personal and commercial banking services, including investment, trust and estate planning.
Mercantil Bank Holding (AMTB) History:
- In 1979, the company’s predecessor Commercebank NA was established in North Miami Beach, Florida. Originally operated as Gold Coast National Bank, it later became the new Commercebank, NA after the change of ownership.
- In 1987, Commercebank was acquired by Mercantil Servicios Financieros (MSF), which is one of the most respected financial institutions in the region. At the time, Commercebank had $53 million in assets and a second branch in Coral Gables, Florida.
- From 1999 to 2000, Commercebank went through a period of expansion: it purchased two banks from FDIC-Miami National Bank and Imperial Bank, and entered Broward County with the opening of the Pompano Beach Banking Center branch. market.
- In 2001, Commercebank’s assets exceeded $2 billion, making it one of the largest private banks headquartered in South Florida. In the same year, a Commercial Real Estate Lending Office (Commercial Real Estate Lending Office) was opened in New York City.
- In 2002, Commercebank Investment Services, a wholly-owned brokerage subsidiary, provided investment services to clients.
- In 2003, total assets reached 3 billion US dollars, and Commercial Banking International Division was established.
- In 2004, the wholly-owned trust and estate planning subsidiary Commercebank Trust Company was established.
- In 2006, it acquired Florida Savings Bank, with assets reaching US$4 billion.
- In 2007, Commercebank changed its name to Mercantil Commercebank; in the same year, the company’s assets reached USD 5 billion, owned 15 branches, and established a Private Banking department.
- In 2010, Mercantil Commercebank worked with the Florida Zoo and the Florida Zoological Society to develop the Zoolens SM Photography Contest for middle school students .
- In 2017, Mercantil Commercebank was renamed Mercantil Bank, NA. At that time, the company had assets of more than 8 billion U.S. dollars and 22 banking centers, located in the three largest areas of South Florida, Texas, and Greater New York. In important business communities.
- On December 15, 2017, Mercantil Bank and its US holding company Mercantil Bank Holding Corporation announced the spin-off from Mercantil Servicios Financieros, CA (MSF), further expanding the bank’s presence in South Florida, Houston, Texas and New York City Regional business.
- On August 8, 2018, Mercantil Bank Holding Corporation, the holding company of Mercantil Bank, began a new chapter: The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced that the spin-off registration and information statement took effect, and was listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market Approved.
- On October 9, 2018, Mercantil Bank Holding Corporation submitted an IPO prospectus to the SEC and plans to go public in December of the same year.
Mercantil Bank Holding (AMTB) investment:
Mercantil Bank Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTB, AMTBB) submitted its IPO prospectus on 10/9/2018, and plans to IPO on NASDAQ on 12/17/2018. The issue price is US$13 (original plan US$16.50-18.50). 6.3 million shares (original plan 11,022,477 shares), raised US$81.9 million (original plan US$234,503,206.50), Raymond James/Keefe, Bruyette & Woods (A Stifel Company)/Stephens joint underwriting.