Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. (NYSE:PB) was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas, USA. It has 3,046 full-time employees. It is a bank holding company through holding Prosperity. Bank, provides retail and commercial banking services for SMEs and consumers.
Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. (PB):
Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. is a bank holding company with operations in Texas and central Oklahoma. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. accepts various deposit products, such as on-demand deposits, savings, money market and time accounts.
Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. also provides 1-4 family residential mortgages, commercial mortgages and multi-family residential, commercial and industrial, agricultural real estate and non-real estate agricultural loans, as well as construction, land development and other land loans; consumer loans, including automobiles, Recreational vehicles, boats, home improvement, personal and deposit account mortgages; and durable consumer goods and home equity loans.
In addition, Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. also provides online banking and other cash management, mobile banking, trust and wealth management, retail brokerage, mortgage banking and automated telephone banking services, as well as debit and credit card services.
As of December 31, 2018, Prosperiti Bank Corporation operated 242 full-service bank branches, including:
- 65 in the Houston area (including The Woodlands);
- 29 branches in Corpus Christi and Victoria in Southern Texas;
- 33 branches in Dallas/Fort Worth area;
- 22 in the East Texas region;
- 29 branches in central Texas, including Austin and San Antonio;
- 34 branches in West Texas, including Lubbock, Midland-Odessa and Abilene;
- There are 16 branches in the Bryan/College Station area;
- 6 branches in central Oklahoma;
- 8 branches located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. (PB) History:
- Prosperity Bank was established in 1983, initially by purchasing an Allied Bank branch in Edna, Texas, and its history can be traced back to the First National Bank of Edna, which was established in 1949.
- Since the late 1980s, the company has acquired several small and medium-sized bank holding companies, all of which are located in Texas (except Coppermark and F&M, which are headquartered in Oklahoma, but are both in Dirk Saskatchewan has a branch), and some failed acquisitions, which were taken over by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). These acquisitions mainly include:
- In 2008, Prosperity Bank acquired Franklin Bank, which has 46 branches, which is a Houston-based bank.
- In 2010, Prosperity Bank acquired three banks in Texas from US Bancorp , which were acquired when the latter acquired FBOP Corporation earlier.
- In July 2012, the acquisition of American State Bank, which has 37 branches, was completed. It was the first branch of Prosperity Bank in West Texas.
- In 2013, the acquisition of Coppermark, which has 9 branches, was completed. The latter has 6 branches in Central Oklahoma, which also made Prosperity Bank out of Texas for the first time.
- In 2013, completed the acquisition of First Victoria National Bank, which has 34 branches.
- In 2014, the acquisition of F&M Bancorporation, Inc., which has 14 branches in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was completed, which facilitated the company’s entry into the Tulsa market.
- On December 28, 2011, Prosperity Banking Corporation began trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Prior to this, the company was traded on Nasdaq under the original stock code PRSP.
- In 2014, Prosperity Bancshares was named the “Best Bank in America” by Forbes.