United Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:UBOH) was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Columbus Grove, a US-Russian cooperative. It has 151 full-time employees. It is a bank holding company that provides a variety of commercial and Retail banking products and services.
United Bancshares (UBOH):
The Union Bank Company accepts a variety of deposit products, including checks, savings and money markets, demand deposits, maturity certificates and individual retirement accounts, and certificates of deposit.
United Currency Center Bank also provides a variety of loan products, including commercial, consumer, agricultural, housing mortgage and housing equity loans.
In addition, United Bancshares also provides wealth management, money management, online banking, safe deposit box leasing, other personalized banking services and ATMs.
United Bancshares has subsidiaries in Bowling Green, Columbus Grove, Delaware, Delphos, Findlay, Gibsonburg, Kalida, Leipsic, Lima, Marion, Ottawa, and Pemberville, Ohio. The company serves customers primarily in the Ohio counties of Allen, Delaware, Hancock , Marion, Putnam, Sandusky, Van Wert and Wood opened 15 bank branches.
History of United Bancshares (UBOH):
- In 1982, United Bank began to provide services in West Virginia;
- In 1987, United Bankshares acquired two banks in West Virginia-First National Bank and Half Dollar Trust and Savings Bank;
- In 1990, United Bankshares acquired Bank First;
- In 1995, United Bankshares purchased First Commercial Bank of Arlington, and the company obtained its first branch in Virginia;
- In 1996, United Bankshares acquired First Empire Federal Savings and Loan in West Virginia;
- In 1996, United Bankshares merged with Eagle Bancorp;
- In 1997, United Bankshares acquired First Patriot Bankshares in Virginia;
- In 1998, United Bankshares acquired FedOne Bank in West Virginia;
- In 2001, United Bankshares acquired Century National Bank in Washington, DC;
- In April 2003, United Bankshares acquired Sequioa Bancshares;
- In 2007, United Bankshares acquired Premier Community Bankshares and its subsidiaries, including: The Marathon Bank (Winchester, Virginia), Rockingham Heritage Bank (Harrisonburg, Virginia), Premier Bank (West Virginia);
- In 2011, United Bankshares acquired Centra Bank in Morgantown, West Virginia;
- In January 2013, United Bankshares acquired Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Virginia;
- On November 9, 2015, United Bankshares announced the acquisition of Bank of Georgetown. The transaction made the company the 41st largest bank in the United States. The transaction involved US$269 million and was completed on June 6, 2016;
- As of December 31, 2015, United Bankshares became the 8th largest bank in the Washington metropolitan area (based on the percentage of total market share);
- On August 28, 2016, United Bankshares announced the acquisition of Cardinal Bank for US$912 million. After the acquisition, United Bank will be the largest bank headquartered in West Virginia and the 32nd largest banking company in the United States.