Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: LXRX) was founded in 1995, formerly known as Lexicon Genetics Incorporated, headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, United States. It is a biopharmaceutical company mainly engaged in gene research using gene knockout technology systems Physiological and behavioral effects to find new therapeutic targets and develop new drugs.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX):
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals is a biotechnology pharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing drugs for human diseases. Its main products include:
- Telotristat Etiprate, a small molecule drug candidate for the treatment of cancer syndromes delivered orally, is currently in phase III clinical trials;
- Sotagliflozin, a small molecule drug candidate for oral delivery for the treatment of type 1 diabetes, has now completed phase II clinical trials; colleagues, have also completed two phase II clinical trials for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, and patients with renal insufficiency Treatment trials for patients with type 2 diabetes;
- LX1033, an oral delivery of small molecule compounds, has completed phase II clinical trials for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome;
- LX2931, a small molecule compound delivered orally for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, has completed phase II clinical trials;
- LX7101-a local delivery of small molecule compounds for the treatment of glaucoma, has completed phase I clinical trials;
- LX2761-a small molecule compound drug for oral delivery for the treatment of diabetes.
Lescan Lexicon Pharmaceuticals is currently working with Bristol-Myers Squibb (Bristol-Myers Squibb Company), Sanofi , Genentech, Inc. and Ipsen Pharmaceuticals (Ipsen Pharma SAS) reached an agreement or authorize development.
On August 3, 2015, the third phase of TELESTAR drug experiment jointly developed by biopharmaceutical company Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) and Ipsen (IPSEY) achieved positive results. LXRX shares closed up +61.14%.