Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: MNTA) was founded in 2001, formerly known as Mimeon, Inc., changed to its current name in September 2002, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, with 279 full-time employees. It is a biotechnology company focusing on the development of new therapies for generic compound drugs, biosimilar drugs, tumors and autoimmune diseases.
Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA):
1. The generic compound drug project of Momenta Pharmaceuticals includes:
- Enoxaparin sodium injection-a universal Lovenox, used to prevent and treat deep vein thrombosis, and support the treatment of acute coronary syndrome.
- GLATOPA-a general-purpose one-daily COPAXONE for the treatment of patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
- M356-a general purpose COPAXONE product candidate that is taken 3 times a week.
2. The biosimilar projects of Momenta Pharmaceuticals include:
- M923-HUMIRA’s biosimilar, used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and psoriasis.
- M834-Orencia’s biosimilar, used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
3. Momenta Pharmaceuticals’ new treatment options include:
- Necuparanib-a new tumor treatment candidate product derived from heparin.
- Anti-FcRn program-used for acute and chronic/intermittent treatment of a series of autoantibody-driven diseases.
- SIF3 program-a new type of recombinant protein that contains three IgG Fc regions to maximize activity.
- hsIVIg-a hypersialylated form of intravenous immunoglobulin used to treat various inflammatory diseases including idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Kawasaki disease and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy.
Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:MNTA) has signed cooperation and licensing agreements with Sandoz AG, Mylan Ireland Limited , Baxalta US Inc., Baxalta GmbH, Baxalta Incorporated, etc.