Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NKTR) was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with 425 full-time employees. It is a biopharmaceutical company that uses its PEGylated and conjugated polymer technology platform to develop candidates in the United States drug.
Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR):
The Nektar Therapeutics product line includes drug candidates in the fields of oncology, pain, anti-infectives and immunological treatments. Nektar Therapeutics products include:
- MOVANTIK (commercial stage)-a mu-opioid antagonist that works in the periphery of the oral cavity, used to treat adult constipation and has a laxative effect;
- Etirinotecan Pegol (clinical stage)-topoisomerase I inhibitor, used in the phase III clinical trial phase for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer, and phase II clinical trials for platinum-resistant/refractory ovarian cancer and second-line metastatic colorectal cancer Experimental phase. Combined with 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin to treat gastrointestinal-related solid tumors, phase I clinical trials have been completed;
- BAX 855 (clinical stage)-used to treat hemophilia A, currently in phase III clinical trials;
- BAY41-6551 (clinical stage)-for the treatment of gram-negative bacteria pneumonia, currently in the phase III clinical trial stage;
- NKTR-181 (clinical stage)-for the treatment of chronic pain, currently in phase III clinical trials;
- NKTR-171 (clinical stage)-for the treatment of neuropathic pain, currently in phase I clinical trials;
- NKTR-214 (clinical stage)-for the treatment of cancer, currently in the preclinical testing stage.
Nektar Therapeutics cooperates with more than 29 pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology companies, including: Baxter Healthcare , Bayer Healthcare LLC , AstraZeneca AB. , Amgen Inc. , Allergan, Inc. , Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. , Merck & Co., Inc. , Ophthotech Corporation , Pfizer, Inc. , F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Roche) , UCB Pharma, etc.