Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: REGN) was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Tarrytown, New York, USA. It has 8,142 full-time employees. It is a global biopharmaceutical company that develops eye diseases, Medicines for cardiovascular, respiratory, and skin diseases.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN):
Regina Rong Pharmaceutical Company is a global biopharmaceutical company, mainly engaged in the discovery, invention, development, production and commercial application of drugs for severe medical conditions around the world. Products include the ophthalmic drug aflibercept and rilonacept to prevent acute attacks of gout. It has cooperated with Sanofi to develop the lipid-lowering drug alirocumab, dupilumab for the treatment of asthma, sarilumab for the anti-inflammatory drug, and cemiplimab for the treatment of advanced skin squamous cell carcinoma.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s commercial products (marketed) include: EYLEA, ZALTRAP, ARCALYST.
- EYLEA (aflibercept) : Mainly treat neovascular macular degeneration (Neovascular AMD) and Huangban edema.
- ZALTRAP : an intravenous injection to treat patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
- ARCALYST (rilonacept) : A subcutaneous injection used to treat Cryopyrin-associated periodic syndrome (CAPS), such as familial cold-caused autoinflammation syndrome and Weier’s syndrome (MWS) in adults or children.
- PRALUENT : Approved by the U.S. FDA on July 24, 2015, as a supplementary diet and maximum tolerable statin drug for adult heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia or clinical atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (used to reduce the need for additional low Patients with density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol).
- DUPIXENT : used to treat atopic dermatitis in adult patients. The FDA approved it on March 28, 2017.
- KEVZARA : Interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor antagonist, used to treat adult patients with rheumatoid arthritis. The FDA approved it on May 22, 2017.
- LIBTAYO : A monoclonal antibody targeting the PD-1 pathway is used as a checkpoint inhibitor to treat patients with metastatic cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) or locally advanced cSCC. The FDA approved it on September 28, 2018.
Regeneron’s products include ophthalmic drug aflibercept and rilonacept to prevent acute attacks of gout. It has cooperated with Sanofi to develop the lipid-lowering drug alirocumab, dupilumab for the treatment of asthma, sarilumab for the anti-inflammatory drug, and cemiplimab for the treatment of advanced skin squamous cell carcinoma.
The clinical stage products of Regina Rong Pharmaceutical Company include:
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals also provides clinical stage candidate products based on “repetitive sequence amplification response (TRAP)”, including EYLEA products for the treatment of macular degeneration (AMD) and diabetic huangban edema, and ZALTRAP products for the treatment of tumors .
- There are also antibody-based clinical trials, including a variety of human monoclonal antibody candidate products, such as REGN727 products for the treatment of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) and prevention of cardiovascular conditions; treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and non-infection REGN88 products for the treatment of atopic uveitis; REGN668 products for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, asthma, nasal polyposis, and eosinophilic esophagitis; REGN2222 products for the treatment of respiratory fusion virus; REGN1033 products for the treatment of skeletal muscle diseases; REGN2176 products used in ophthalmology -3. REGN910-3 antibody.
- Reginaron Pharmaceuticals has also developed antibody candidate products including REGN1908-1909, REGN1154, REGN1500, REGN1193; REGN1400, REGN1979, REGN2810 (cemiplimab, for the treatment of advanced skin squamous cell carcinoma) for the treatment of tumors; REGN475 for the treatment of pain.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals cooperates with Sanofi (announced in July 2015) and Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.; cooperates with Bayer HealthCare, Avalanche Biotechnologies, Inc., and affiliates of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency (BARDA) signed a license and cooperation agreement.