Graybug Vision, Inc. (NASDAQ:GRAY) was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Redwood City, California. It has 4 full-time employees. It is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of translational drugs for the treatment of retinal and optic nerve diseases.
Graybug Vision, Inc. (GRAY):
Graybug Vision is working tirelessly every day to make it easier for patients with chronic vision disorders and eye diseases to obtain healthy vision and easier to manage. The company is a clinical biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of translational drugs for the treatment of chronic diseases of the retina and optic nerve. Graybug Vision’s novel proprietary technology aims to release drugs in eye tissues at a controlled rate for up to 12 months to improve patient compliance, reduce the burden of healthcare and ultimately provide better clinical results.
Graybug Vision’s main product candidate, GB-102, is a microparticle depot preparation for intravitreal injection of sunitinib. Sunitinib is a potent inhibitor of new blood vessel growth and permeability. The main cause of retinal diseases. Graybug Vision is developing a six-month intravitreal injection GB-102 for the treatment of age-related wet macular degeneration (wet AMD) and diabetic macular edema (DME).
Graybug Vision also uses proprietary technology to develop GB-103, which is an annual release formula of GB-102 (administered once a year) for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy (DR); and GB-401, a beta -Adrenergic blocker prodrugs-intravitreal injection reservoir preparation, once every six months or longer dosing regimen, for the treatment of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG).
Graybug Vision product line
Graybug Vision, Inc. (GRAY) Financing:
- On October 29, 2013, in the A round of financing, Graybug Vision received the lead investment from Maryland Venture Fund, and individual investor Frank A. Bonsal, Jr. participated in the investment of 1.5 million US dollars.
- On October 7, 2014, Graybug Vision received $750,000 in venture capital investment.
- On March 6, 2015, in the A+ round of financing, Graybug Vision received a lead investment from Hatteras Venture Partners and a follow-up investment of USD 1.7 million from Maryland Venture Fund.
- On December 16, 2015, with debt financing, Graybug Vision received $750,000 in funding.
- On May 2, 2016, in the B round of financing, Graybug Vision received a lead investment from Deerfield, followed by a US$44.5 million investment from OrbiMed, Clarus Ventures and Hatteras Venture Partners.
- On August 20, 2019, in Series C financing, Graybug Vision received a lead investment from C-Bridge Capital, followed by a $80 million investment from OrbiMed, Deerfield Capital Management and Hatteras Venture Partners.
Graybug Vision, Inc. (GRAY) investment:
Graybug Vision, Inc. (NASDAQ:GRAY) was listed on NASDAQ on 9/25/2020 IPO, the issue price is $16.00, 4.7 million shares are issued, and the fund is raised 75.2 million US dollars, underwriting by SVB Leerink/ Piper Sandler, Needham & Co. / Wedbush PacGrow joint.