Banco Bradesco SA (NYSE: BBD) was founded in 1808 and is headquartered in Osasco, Brazil. It has 92,861 full-time employees. It is the oldest bank in Brazil, providing individuals, large, medium and small companies, and local And a series of banking and financial products and services for international companies and institutions.
Banco Bradesco (BBD):
Banco Bradesco SA is a government-controlled commercial savings bank. Its main business is to provide banking and insurance services, such as private and industrial credit loans, 24-hour banking, health and life insurance, etc.
Brazil’s Bradesco Bank products include:
- Deposit products: including demand deposits, time deposits, savings accounts and federal funds.
- Loan portfolio: including credit and savings cards, collateral, letters of credit, credit card accounts receivable, bonds, promissory notes, joint obligation loan transfers, real estate accounts receivable certificates, agricultural loans, and collateral for engineering construction and property acquisition .
- Insurance products: including life insurance, accident insurance, health, automobiles, property, accidental casualties, etc.
- Retirement plan, capitalized bonds, investment funds, asset management, leasing, investment banking, loan recovery and loan regaining services.
As of December 31, 2014, Bradesco had 4,659 branches, 4,631 service centers and 31,089 ATMs in Brazil.
History of Banco Bradesco (BBD):
- Banco Bradesco SA is the oldest bank in Brazil, with a history dating back to 1808;
- On March 10, 1943, Banco Brasileiro de Descontos was established by Amador Aguiar in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Its clients are mainly individuals and small businesses;
- In 1946, Bradesco moved its headquarters to Sao Paulo;
- In 1951, Bradesco Bank has grown into a large private bank in Brazil;
- In 1953, Bradesco moved its headquarters to Cidade de Deus, Osasco, São Paulo;
- In 1956, the founder Amador Aguiar founded Brazil’s largest education project-Fundação Bradesco;
- In 1962, Bradesco Bank became the first bank in Latin America to use computers;
- In 1968, Bradesco issued Brazil’s first credit card;
- In the 1970s, Bradesco Bank acquired 17 banks;
- In 1978, Bradesco opened the 1,000th bank;
- In 1991, Amador Aguiar passed away in Sao Paulo;
- In 1996, Bradesco established the first online bank in Latin America;
- In 1997, Bradesco Bank acquired Banco BCN;
- In 2000, Banco Bradesco began operations in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Bradesco Bank Securities began operations in New York;
- In 2003, Bradesco acquired the top Spanish bank- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, SA (NYSE: BBVA) Brazil branch;
- Acquired JP Morgan Fleming Asset Management (Fleming Asset Management Company);
- In 2006, Bradesco Bank acquired American Express Brazil branch;
- In 2010, Bradesco acquired the branch of Ibi Brazil (Banco Ibi SA-Banco Múltiplo) controlled by C&A ;
- In 2010, Bradesco Bank acquired Ibi Mexico (Ibi Services S. de RL México) branch, also controlled by C&A;
- In 2015, Bradesco acquired HSBC Brazil business unit for US$5.2 billion .