Netshoes (Cayman) Limited (NYSE:NETS) was founded in February 2000, headquartered in Sao Paulo, Brazil, registered in the Cayman Islands, and 2728 full-time employees (12/31/2018). It is a Brazilian e-commerce sporting goods group.
Netshoes (Cayman) Limited (NETS):
Netshoes (Cayman) Limited was established in February 2000 by Marcio Kumruian and Hagop Chabab. Netshoes has distribution centers in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico, responsible for the management of Corinthians, São Paulo Futebol, Palmeiras, Cruzeiro, Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama, Coritiba, Cruz Azul, Chivas, Monterrey, River Plate, San Lorenzo and América of México soccer club.
In addition, Netshoes is also the official representative of the NBA in Latin America, responsible for the management of Puma, Havaianas, Globo Esporte, Oakley, Timberland , Topper, Mizuno and UFC trademark online stores (online sales).
Netshoes also manages the official store of the Brazilian national football team, as well as the online operations of UFC, NBA, NFL, Oakley, Puma, Havaianas, Timberland, Topper, Mizuno and Globo Esporte in Brazil. In addition to operating the official store of the football team, it also operates Corinthians. , São Paulo, Palmeiras, Santos, Bahia, Cruzeiro, Coritiba, Vasco, Internacional, the Mexico national team, River Plate, Chivas, Pumas, Monterrey, San Lorenzo, Club América and Cruz Azul.
Netshoes (Cayman) Limited (NETS) History:
- In February 2000, the company was founded;
- In 2002, the company became an e-commerce company;
- In 2007, 7 physical stores were closed and business was transferred to online stores;
- In 2009, Netshoes sponsored the Santo André football team at the Paulista Football Championship; in the same year, the company launched a 3D scanner system for online shoe testing;
- In 2011, the company released a mobile website;
- In 2012 and 2013, Netshoes sponsored the Big Biker Cup-Brazil’s large mountain bike championship;
- In June 2013, launched a new official website;
- In 2013, Netshoes Click was released;
- In June 2014, Netshoes APP was released;
- In November 2014, Netshoes released two of its own brands-Gonew and All4one;
- In December 2014, the company withdrew from Zattini, an online shoe, handbag and accessories store;
- On March 16, 2017, Netshoes announced that it had raised up to US$100 million in US public offerings.
Netshoes (Cayman) Limited (NETS) investment:
Netshoes (Cayman) Limited (NYSE:NETS) submitted its IPO prospectus on 3/16/2017 and plans to land on the New York Stock Exchange on 4/12/2017. The issue price is US$18.00, 8.25 million shares are issued, and 148.5 million US dollars are raised. Stock code: NETS (don’t confuse it with Netease NTES ).