Signet Jewelers Limited (NYSE: SIG) was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, with 28,949 full-time employees. It is a company engaged in the retail sales of jewelry and watches mainly in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands.
Signet Jewelers (SIG):
Signet Jewelry Co., Ltd. is a jewelry & watch retailer, with business divided into 3 divisions: Sterling Jewelers, Zale, and British Jewelry.
- Pure jewelry: Mainly sold through store counters. The signs include: Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, Jared VaultTM, Jared Jewelry BoutiqueTM, Jared Vivid, He went to Jared, Kay Jewelers, Kay Jewelers Outlet, Celebrate Life, Express Love, Hearts Desire, Artistry Diamonds, Charmed Memories, JB Robinson Jewelers, Marks & Morgan Jewelers, Every kiss begins with Kay, Leo Diamond, Diamonds in Rhythm, Open Hearts by Jane Seymour, etc. As of January 31, 2015, the department opened 1,504 counters in 50 states across the United States.
- Zale department: operating jewelry stores and shopping mall counters, signs include: Zales, Zales Outlet, Zales the Diamond Store, Zales JewelersTM, Zales the Online Diamond StoreTM, Mappins, Piercing Pagoda, Gordon’s Jewelers, Arctic Brilliance Canadian DiamondsTM, Peoples Jewellers, Peoples the Diamond Store, Celebration Diamond, The Celebration Diamond Collection, Peoples Outlet the Diamond Store, Unstoppable LoveT, Candy Colored Diamonds and Gemstones, etc. As of January 31, 2015, the department had opened 975 jewelry stores and 605 shopping mall counters.
- British jewellery department: Mainly operate shopping mall counters and street shops, the store names include: Forever Diamonds, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Ernest Jones Outlet Collection, Leslie Davis, etc. As of January 31, 2015, the department opened a total of 498 stores (and counters).
Signet Jewelers (SIG) history:
- In 1949, Ratner Group was founded as the predecessor of Signet Jewelers Limited;
- During the 1980s and 1990s, the company expanded rapidly through a series of acquisitions;
- In September 1993, Ratner Group changed its name to Signet Group plc;
- On September 11, 2008, Signet Group was transferred from the London Stock Exchange to the New York Stock Exchange, and at the same time it was renamed Signet Jewelers Limited, and the company headquarters was signed from London to Bermuda;
- In February 2014, Signet Jewelers Ltd. agreed to acquire Zale Corporation for 1.4 billion US dollars.