TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) was founded in 1906, formerly Gannett Group (Gannett) Gannett Company, Inc., spin-off in June 2015 using the current name, headquartered in Virginia, USA McLean, State, with 10,121 full-time employees, is a company engaged in media and digital businesses in the United States, operating 46 local television stations, including news, sports, entertainment, etc. and affiliated online channels.
Tegna Corporation is a broadcasting company that was spin-off and listed on the Gannett Group, the leading newspaper industry in the United States. As of June 29, 2015, TEGNA has provided radio and television services to more than 90 million subscribers.
Gannett Co., Inc., the predecessor of TEGNA Inc., was established in 1906 and changed to its current name in June 2015. The company mainly operates media and digital businesses in the United States. Online websites operated by TEGNA include:
- Cars.com, which mainly provides information related to car shopping, sales, and maintenance-the business was spun off in June 2017 and went public independently, becoming the current: Cars.com Inc. (CARS)
- CareerBuilder mainly provides human resource solutions, including labor market information, talent management software, and other recruitment solutions;
- G/O Digital provides a one-stop service for local companies to connect with consumers through digital marketing.
In addition, TEGNA Inc. also provides advertising and marketing solutions, including digital and printing projects. TEGNA Inc. also operates news and information related to the military, national defense, federal technology, and C4ISR (command, unified control, communications, computer, information, surveillance, and reconnaissance) markets.
A brief history of TEGNA (TGNA):
- On August 5, 2014, Gannett announced that it would split the company into two independently operated and separately listed companies, one focused on newspapers and distribution, using the name Gannett, and the other focused on radio and television, named : TEGNA;
- On June 29, 2015, the spin-off was officially completed, TEGNA was listed on the New York Stock Exchange independently, stock code: TGNA;
- On May 31, 2017, TEGNA spun off cars.com Inc. for independent listing.