US Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ:USCR) was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Euless, Texas. It employs 3,173 full-time employees. Through its subsidiaries, it produces in the construction industry in the United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. And sell ready-mixed concrete, aggregates, and concrete-related products and services.
US Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ: USCR):
US Concrete, Inc. is an American company specializing in concrete, heavy construction aggregates and solutions. The company’s main products are ready-mixed concrete and aggregates. The company provides a wide range of services to customers located in Texas, California, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Philadelphia, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Washington, DC.
American Concrete Company operates two parts, namely Ready-Mixed Concrete and Aggregate Products.
- Ready-Mixed Concrete-Responsible for the formulation, production and delivery of ready-mixed concrete to the customer’s work site; provides various services, including formulating mixtures for specific design uses, on-site and laboratory-based product quality control, and customized delivery plans.
- Aggregate Products——Provide gravel, sand and gravel, which can be used in commercial, industrial and public works projects.
- The company’s other products include building material warehouses, transportation operations, aggregate distribution terminals, renewable aggregate operations and concrete blocks, as well as products including ARIDUS rapid-drying concrete technology and Where’s My Concrete series of web and mobile applications.
American Concrete Company mainly serves concrete general contractors, government agencies and developers, architects, engineers and home builders.
History of US Concrete, Inc. (NASDAQ:USCR):
- From 1999 to 2001, American Concrete acquired 21 companies and raised US$35 million through an IPO.
- From 2002 to 2003, the company was engaged in the aggregate industry and completed one acquisition.
- In 2004 and after, it made greater progress in the market through cross-selling opportunities.
- On April 29, 2010, American Concrete Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; after reducing its debt by US$272 million, it withdrew from bankruptcy protection on August 31, 2010.
- On October 30, 2012, Central Concrete Supply Co., Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Concrete, completed the acquisition of Bode Gravel Co. and Bode Concrete LLC.
- On December 17, 2012, Smith Precast, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Concrete Corporation, sold almost all of its assets for US$4.27 million in cash and assumed certain obligations of Jensen Enterprises. Inc.
- In 2015, American Concrete completed a major acquisition of ready-mixed concrete from Ferrara Bros. Building Materials in Queens, New York. The acquisition greatly expanded the company’s business in New York City and enabled it to provide services to all five administrative regions.
- In 2016, USCR completed a series of acquisitions of Jenna Concrete, NYCON Supply Co. and Kings Ready Mix as part of its strategy to strengthen and expand its business in New York City. These acquisitions expanded their ready-mixed concrete business and made New York a major contributor to success.
- In 2017, the company completed its largest acquisition to date, acquiring Polaris Materials, a construction aggregate producer in British Columbia, Canada.
- Also in 2017, USCR acquired Corbett Aggregate Companies, LLC in Quinton, New Jersey.
- In 2020, American Concrete Company acquired Coram Materials, a construction aggregate manufacturer in Long Island, New York, to expand its aggregate product portfolio.