USG Corporation (NYSE:USG) was founded in 1901 and is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. It has 8,900 full-time employees. It is a construction material manufacturing and distribution company. Its products are used in residential, non-residential, Building materials for building maintenance and modification. Berkshire Hathaway and its subsidiaries own 31% of USG.
In June 2018, USG signed an agreement and agreed to be acquired by German construction materials company Knauf. The transaction was completed in April 2019.
US Asbestos USG Corporation (USG):
USG Corporation is mainly divided into 4 divisions to operate: gypsum (Gypsum segment), ceiling (Ceilings segment), distribution (Distribution segment), and construction products (USG Boral Building Products segment).
1. USG Gypsum Department : Provide plaster and related products used to construct walls, ceilings, roofs, residential and commercial floors, and various other industrial applications; SHEETROCK brand gypsum boards and adhesives; DUROCK brand cement boards; FIBEROCK Brand gypsum fiber panels; various gypsum boards of the SECUROCK brand; LEVELROCK brand inverted gypsum cushion; RED TOP, IMPERIAL, DIAMOND, SUPREMO brand gypsum products; gypsum-based agricultural and industrial applications, including soil conditioning, road maintenance, and fire protection And ceramics.
2. USG Ceiling Department : Provides RADAR, ECLIPSE, MARS, HALCYON brand ceilings; DONN, DX, FINELINE, CENTRICITEE, DXI IDENTITEE, CURVATURA and COMPASSO brand ceiling grids.
3. USG distribution department : As a distributor of gypsum wallboard and other building materials, it distributes products from other manufacturers, including: gypsum board metal, insulation, roofing, fasteners and exterior wall insulation finishing system products.
4. USG building products department : manufacturing, distribution and sales of various building materials; mining of raw gypsum minerals; sales of natural and synthetic gypsum. Product brands include: USG Boral Sheetrock, USG Boral NextGen, Elephant, Jayaboard, Durock, Donn DX, etc.
History of US Asbestos USG Corporation (USG):
- On December 27, 1901, 30 gypsum companies merged to form United States Gypsum Company, the predecessor of USG Corporation;
- In 1909, USG acquired the Sackett Plaster Board Company, the invention company of the Sackett Board;
- In 1917, Adamant Panel Board was invented, which is known as SHEETROCK;
- From the 1950s to the 1960s, USG began to enter Mexico and other international markets;
- On January 1, 1985, the company was reorganized to form the holding company USG Corporation, and United States Gypsum Company became one of 9 subsidiaries;
- In 2001, American asbestos entered the bankruptcy protection procedure;
- In 2006, USG went out of bankruptcy protection;
- In the first quarter of 2013, asbestos in the United States resumed profitability;
- On June 11, 2018, German building materials company Knauf announced the acquisition of USG for approximately US$7 billion.
Major subsidiaries of US Asbestos USG Corporation (USG):
- United States Gypsum Company
- USG Interiors, LLC
- Otsego Paper, Inc
- L&W Supply Corporation
- USG Foreign Investments, Ltd
- CGC Inc.
- USG Latin America, LLC
- USG Holding de Mexico SA de CV
- USG Mexico SA de CV
US Asbestos USG Corporation (USG) investment:
Delisted due to acquisition!