Builders FirstSource, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLDR) was founded in 1998, formerly known as BSL Holdings, Inc., changed to its current name in October 1999, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with 14,000 full-time employees. It is a basic building material supplier Manufacturer, manufactures and supplies building materials, manufacturing components and construction services to professional contractors, subcontractors and consumers in the United States.
Builders FirstSource (BLDR):
Builders FirstSource is a manufacturer and supplier of structural and related building materials for new residential buildings in the southern and eastern United States.
- Builders FirstSource provides customized components , including floor frames, roof frames, wall panels, stairs and composite panels;
- Door and window products , including aluminum and vinyl windows, interior and exterior department sets, and assembly and distribution of interior and exterior departments;
- Wood and board products , including specific specifications of wood, plywood and oriented fiberboard products;
- Woodworking products , including interior decoration, exterior decoration, columnar products, and Synboard brand products, and provide special customized products;
- Other construction products , including cabinets, hardware materials, composite materials, roofing materials and insulation materials;
- Provide construction-related services , such as turnkey architecture, outer structure, design assistance and professional installation services.
Builders FirstSource customers are mainly house builders and renovation contractors.
From its establishment in 1998 to the beginning of 2015, Builders FirstSource acquired a total of 33 companies. In June 2015, Builders FirstSource completed an IPO with JLL Partners as the company’s main shareholder.
On July 31, 2015, Builders FirstSource acquired its main competitor, ProBuild Holdings LLC, to create a more diversified company with larger scale and greater geographic coverage. The combined company had an annual turnover of more than US$6 billion in 2015. It currently operates approximately 400 locations in 40 U.S. states and has entered 74 markets in the top 100 metropolitan areas in the U.S.