Onvia Inc. (NASDAQ:ONVI) was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with 136 full-time employees. It is a company that provides business information and research solutions in the United States and Canada, helping companies plan, market, and sell to Government agency company.
Envia Strategy Onvia Inc. (ONVI):
Onvia Inc. is an information product provider (a US government business business intelligence company), which mainly provides customers with data and analysis related information. Envia Strategy provides a series of B2B software, including: Onvia Business Builder (a software that helps users study a single government procurement contract, can study historical contracts and real-time contracts), Onvia Navigator (government procurement contract database), Onvia Guide ( Timely PUSH business opportunities and procurement information of relevant government departments).
History of Onvia Inc. (ONVI):
- In 1996, 25-year-old Canadian entrepreneur Glenn Ballman founded Onvia.com, a one-stop shopping site for small business owners. It sells 25,000 items. The first round of financing received 70 million US dollars. Of venture capital.
- On March 1, 2000, Envia Strategic IPO landed on Nasdaq and raised 235 million US dollars.
- In August 2000, Onvia Inc. acquired the business-to-government portal—Globe-1;
- In March 2001, Envia strategically acquired rival DemandStar;
- In 2005, Onvia released Onvia Business Builder software;
- In February 2008, Envia Strategy released Onvia Planning and Construction;
- In early 2009, Onvia released the www.recovery.gov website with real-time data, maps and graphs detailing the spending activities related to the US Recovery and Reinvestment Act.