Alamos Gold, Inc. (NYSE: AGI, TSX: AGI) was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada. It has 1,700 full-time employees and is mainly engaged in gold exploration and mining. The mining areas are located in Mexico and Turkey.
Alamos Gold, Inc. (AGI):
Alamos Gold is an intermediate producer of gold in North America. The company mainly holds 100% of the Young-Davidson gold mine in Canada, including leases and interests in 11,000 acres of land in northern Ontario.
Alamos Gold also owns 100% of the El Chanate mining area, 4618 hectares of land, containing 22 kinds of minerals; and the interest of the Mulatos Mine in Mexico.
In addition, Alamos Gold has interests in a portfolio of development stage projects in Mexico, Turkey, Canada and the United States.
Alamos Gold also owns and operates the Mulatos mining area project in Mexico, and has the mining rights to the Salamandra mining area; it owns the Agi Dagi, Kirazli, and Camyurt gold mine development projects, all located in Turkey.
In addition, Alamos Gold holds 100% of the Esperanza gold project in Morelos, Mexico, and 100% of the Quartz Mountain gold project in Oregon, USA.
Alamos Gold, Inc. (AGI) History:
- From 2001 to 2003, National Gold Corporation, through its Mexican subsidiary-Minas de Oro Nacional, SA de CV, acquired 100% of Salamandra Property from Minera San Augusto, SA de CV (MSA), and Alamos Minerals owns 50%. Equity
- In 2003, Alamos Minerals and National Gold merged to form Alamos Gold;
- On January 6, 2010, Alamos completed the acquisition of the Aği Daği and Kirazlı gold mine project for USD 91.3 million;
- In 2013, Alamos Gold landed on the New York Stock Exchange and completed the IPO;
- On August 30, 2013, Alamos Gold completed the acquisition of Esperanza Resources and its flagship Esperanza gold mine for US$44.7 million ;
- On September 13, 2013, it completed the acquisition of Orsa Ventures and its 100% interest in Quartz Mountain Property for 3.5 million US dollars ;
- On November 23, 2017, Alamos Gold Inc. announced that it had completed the acquisition of all issued and outstanding shares of Richmont Mines Inc .. The latter’s stock is delisted!