CGI Group, Inc. (NYSE:GIB, TSX:GIB.A) was founded in 1976, headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with 68,000 full-time employees. It is an Internet software and service company. Its main business includes business process management, system integration and consulting , Such as financial services, payroll services, document management services and financial management services.
CGI Group, Inc. (GIB):
CGI=Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique, French, meaning IT and Management Consultants, is a Canadian global information technology (IT) consulting, system integration, outsourcing and solution company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
CGI Group, Inc. provides:
- agile, business transformation, change management, CIO consulting, network security, data analysis, digital enterprise, project management and industry-specific business consulting services; application development and maintenance, portfolio management, quality assurance and testing, modernization and migration services; Enterprise (B2B) and customer operations support, procurement management, revenue management and supplier payment services; data center facilities and management, technical service desk, printing and document management, remote infrastructure, conversion, storage as a service, data custody, disaster recovery And archiving as a service, file synchronization and sharing services, as well as infrastructure solutions and consulting services.
- It also provides IT outsourcing services; data analysis, enterprise application integration, enterprise architecture and content management, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and geospatial solutions.
- Provide Asset & Resource Management, which is a solution suite for the utility industry; Atlas360, customer relationship management and business process solutions; Collections360, collection and debt management solutions; Trade360, a trade solution; CommunityCare360; FlexProperty, ERP Property management solutions; Payments360; mobile labor and shutdown management solutions, including: PragmaCAD and PragmaLINE; Ratabase, solutions for insurance companies; Sm@rtering, meter infrastructure management solutions; Unify360.
CGI Group, Inc. serves the communications, financial services, health, manufacturing, oil and gas, post and telecommunications logistics, retail, consumer services, transportation, power industries, and government.
As of March 2015 , Canadian business accounted for 15% of CGI revenue, 29% came from the United States, about 40% came from Europe, and the remaining 15% came from the rest of the world.
As of December 31, 2016 , CGI has operations in 40 countries, with 400+ offices and approximately 68,000 employees.
CGI Group, Inc. (GIB) History:
- In 1976, Serge Godin and André Imbeau founded the company, which is an IT information service company;
- In 1986, CGI Group IPO was listed, mainly on the Toronto Stock Exchange, and the second place of trading was the New York Stock Exchange;
- In 1998, CGI acquired Bell Sygma, which nearly doubled the size of the company;
- In 2001, CGI acquired IMRGlobal for $438 million;
- In 2004, CGI acquired American Management Systems (AMS) for US$858 million and expanded the company’s business to the United States, Europe and Australia. In the same year, CGI Federal was established;
- In 2010, CGI Federal acquired Stanley, Inc. for $1.07 billion, doubling the scale of CGI’s business in the United States and expanding CGI’s business to defense and intelligence businesses;
- In 2012, CGI acquired Logica for 2.7 billion Canadian dollars, making CGI the fifth largest independent business process and IT service provider in the world and the largest technology company in Canada;
- In November 2014, CGI was awarded a new contract for “supporting data communication between European airspace pilots and air traffic controllers” by Inmarsat. Inmarsat is a secure communication provider for 98% of airlines;
- In 2015, many CGI projects involved software and municipal security, including the emergency system of the Estonian Rescue Committee;
- In March 2015, CGI won a contract from the British Ministry of Defence (MOD) to provide support for MOD’s Fire Fighting Battlefield Information System Application (FC BISA) and Fire Fighting Application (FCA) systems;
- In 2016, CGI ranked 955th in Forbes Forbes Global 2000. At that time, CGI’s asset value was 20.9 billion Canadian dollars, with annual sales of 10.7 billion US dollars and a market value of 9.6 billion US dollars;
- In October 2016, George D. Schindler took over Michael Roach as the company’s third CEO.