Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CIGI, TSX: CIGI) was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada. It has 12,015 full-time employees. It is a company that provides commercial real estate for global companies, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Service company.
Colliers International Group (CIGI):
Colliers International is a global commercial real estate service organization headquartered in Canada, with more than 500 offices and approximately 12,000 employees in 68 countries around the world. Colliers International Group, Inc. provides services to commercial real estate users, owners, investors and developers, including consulting, corporate facilities, investment services, landlord and tenant representatives, project management, urban planning, property and asset management, and valuation and consulting service.
Colliers International Group serves the hotel, industrial, mixed-use, office, retail and residential real estate sectors, with revenues of more than $2.6 billion in fiscal 2015.
Colliers International Group is divided into two departments to operate : Sales and Lease Brokerage (sales and lease brokerage) and Outsourcing & Advisory Services (outsourcing and advisory services).
- Sales and Lease Brokerage -provides transaction brokerage services, including landlord agency, tenant agency, capital market and investment services, as well as property management, leasing and valuation. The department provides services for various asset classes, including office, industrial, retail, multi-family, hotel and mixed-use properties.
- Outsourcing & Advisory Services ——Provide investment portfolio management, transaction and project management, workplace solutions, strategic consulting, property and asset management and other corporate real estate services, as well as lease management and facility management systems; evaluation, review and management, portfolio or Single asset evaluation, arbitration and consulting, various research, tax appeals and litigation support services. The department also provides property-level accounting, tenant services/relationships and bidding, award and management of subcontract management and maintenance, landscaping, safety, parking, capital and tenant improvement services; tender document review, construction supervision and delivery management, contract management And integrated cost control, facilities and engineering functions, milestone and performance monitoring, quality assurance, risk management and strategic project consulting services. In addition, the department also provides vision, change management and strategy consulting services; real estate marketing services for commercial and residential projects; and research services for owners and owners.
Colliers International Group (CIGI) history:
- Ronald Collier and Associates began trading in Australia in 1967 and was appointed to conduct a strategic review of the properties of National Australia Bank’s Melbourne.
- In September 1976, the company began trading under the Collier Group.
- On May 18, 1979, Colliers International Pty Ltd was registered and established.
- In 1985, American and Canadian companies merged into Colliers International. By 1986, its Asia Pacific business had reached 20 markets.
- In 1990, Colliers International began to enter the markets of Central Europe and Latin America.
- In 1991, Jardine Matheson purchased 50% of Colliers’ Asia Pacific business and changed its name to Colliers Jardine.
- In 1997, Colliers Macaulay Nicolls was established by acquiring 50% of the shares of the original Australian shareholders in the Asia Pacific business.
- In 2004, FirstService Corporation, the parent company of Colliers, invested in Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, the predecessor of FirstService REA and the largest member of Colliers International. FirstService REA subsequently invested in several North American companies, operating a variety of commercial real estate services, including: PGP Valuation Inc. (a commercial and industrial real estate appraisal company with 250 employees worldwide), PKF Hotel and Hospitality Consulting (PKR, a company independent hotel association consulting company. this investment (PKF consulting USA) later sold in July 2014 to the World CB Richard Ellis Group ) and MHPM project Leaders (in 2007, Colliers Macaulay Nicolls acquisition of Canada’s largest project management companies MHPM project managers Majority equity) and so on.
- In October 2009, Colliers International made a major investment in Colliers CRE, a real estate services company located in London, which has offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Spain. Colliers CRE was subsequently renamed Colliers UK.
- Subsequently, it invested in FirstService Williams headquartered in New York, formerly known as GVA Williams, and now it has become the “tri-state” hub of Colliers International (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut). The office is composed of more than 300 brokers.
- In April 2010, Colliers International completed a major investment in Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler (Colliers B&K), one of Chicago’s largest commercial real estate service companies. Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler became the company’s midwestern hub and operated as Colliers International.
- In April 2010, invested in one of the largest commercial real estate companies in Cincinnati-West Shell Commercial.
- In April 2010, it acquired NAI Nashville, a commercial real estate brokerage company in Nashville.
- In April 2010, Colliers and FirstService Real Estate Advisors merged their businesses with the global real estate service platform and began to operate under the unified brand of Colliers International.
- On May 1, 2010, commercial real estate company Adena Commercial ended its ten-year cooperative relationship with Grubb & Ellis and joined Colliers International.
- On May 1, 2010, Grubb & Ellis Paramount Commerce, one of the largest commercial real estate brokerage companies in Western Michigan, established an affiliate relationship with Colliers.
- In June 2010, Sutton & Edwards located in Lake Success and Ronkonkama were added. The latter was established in 1962 to provide office, industrial, retail, land, medical office and investment property brokerage services.
- In June 2015, Colliers International and FirstService Corporation announced their separation into two independent listed companies-Colliers International Group Inc. and FirstService Corporation .
- In October 2017, Colliers International acquired Serten Advisors, LLC in Washington, DC.