SSR Mining Inc. (NASDAQ: SSRM, TSX: SSRM) was founded in 1946, formerly known as Silver Standard Resources Inc. (previously known as Consolidated Silver Standard Mines Limited, and renamed as Silver Standard Resources in 1990). The current name was changed to the current name on August 1, 2017, and the new stock trading code SSRM was activated on August 3. The headquarter is located in Vancouver, Canada, with 1,250 full-time employees and is mainly engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of silver mines.
SSR Mining (SSRM):
SSR=Silver Standard Resources, the company is mainly engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of silver mineral resources projects in the United States. In addition to silver mines, there are also other metals, including: gold, zinc, and lead deposit exploration.
SSR Mining (SSRM) production stage mining area:
- The Marigold mine (gold mine), which covers an area of 19,560 acres in southeastern Humboldt County, Nevada, U.S.—acquired on April 4, 2014 and put into production in 1998. It is expected to be mined until 2023; in 2016, the mine produced 205,116 ounces of gold And it is expected to produce 205,000-215,000 gold in 2017;
- The Pirquitas open-pit silver mine, covering an area of 3621 hectares in the northwest of Jujuy, Argentina-started production on December 1, 2009, and produced 10.4 million ounces of silver in 2016; the mine is expected to produce 4.5 to 5.5 million ounces of silver in 2017; the possible mineral reserves are 16.5 million An ounce of silver indicates a mineral resource of 53.8 million ounces.
- Canada Seabee Gold Operation (gold mine)-acquired on May 31, 2016, including two underground gold mines, Santoy Mine (commercial production started in 2014) and Seabee Mine (commercial production started in 1991), production in 2016 77,640 ounces of gold is expected to produce 72,000-82,000 ounces of gold in 2017. Exploration potential : More than 23,000 hectares of unexplored mineral resources are expected to be converted into mineral reserves.
SSR Mining (SSRM) development stage mining area:
- The Pitarrilla silver mine, covering 136,191 hectares in central Durango, Mexico, has 100% equity and reserves of about 479 million ounces of silver; a 32-year project that produced an average of 15 million ounces of silver per year during the first 18 years of production;
- San Luis, an area of 35,538 hectares in the Ancash Department in central Peru, is a gold & silver mining area with 100% interest. It has proven reserves of 1.1 million ounces of silver and 100,000 ounces of gold. In addition, possible reserves are 6.1 million ounces of silver and 240,000 ounces of gold. ；
- The Diabllillos mine in Argentina, with reserves of approximately 77.1 million ounces of silver and 600,000 ounces of gold: On November 2, 2016, SSRI and Huayra Minerals Corporation reached an agreement to pay 14 million U.S. dollars for the mining area (paid in 5 years) plus 19.9% equity in the latter Sold to the latter. (The mine has been sold)
SSR Mining (SSRM) exploration stage mining area:
- Amisk Gold Project, Canada-On May 31, 2016, SSRI acquired a mining area acquired by Claude Resources Inc., with 100% equity; the property consists of more than 40,000 hectares of land located in the Flin Flon mining area;
- Berenguela, Peru-owns 100% equity, with possible reserves of 66.1 million ounces of silver;
- Candelaria, USA-owns 100% equity and historical production exceeds 55 million ounces of silver;
- Maverick Springs, the United States-gold and silver composite mine, and Allied Nevada Gold Corp. (formerly (AMEX: ANV)) joint venture holding, of which SSRI owns silver rights and Allied Nevada Gold owns gold rights;
- San Marcial, Mexico-gold, silver, lead, zinc compound mine, with 1,250 hectares of mining rights;
- Sunrise Lake, Canada, the company is currently focusing on other projects, the mine has not yet been developed.
As of December 31, 2016, Silver Standard Resources’ proven and probable mineral reserves were 3.49 million ounces of gold and 16.8 million ounces of silver; the measured and indicated mineral reserves were 6.9 million ounces of gold and 608.4 million ounces of silver; the inferred mineral reserves were 193 Ten thousand ounces of gold and 40.4 million ounces of silver.
On May 11, 2020, SSR Mining Inc. and Alacer Gold Corp. (TSX:ASR, ASX:AQG) announced that they have reached a final agreement, according to which the two companies will carry out an equivalent swap merger.