Telenav, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNAV) was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, USA, with 784 full-time employees. Together with its subsidiaries, it provides connected cars and location-based platform services (wireless location services) in the US and internationally.
Telenav, Inc. (TNAV):
Telenav, Inc. is a wireless location service company that provides global positioning system (GPS) satellite navigation, local search, car navigation solutions, mobile advertising, corporate mobility, and workflow automation services. Telenav is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has offices in the United States, Germany, Japan, Romania, China and Brazil.
Telenav, Inc. is divided into three divisions to operate : Automotive, Advertising and Mobile Navigation.
Telenav, Inc. provides car navigation services, including in-vehicle solutions, including software loaded on the car, maps and business and location data, as well as voice navigation; and mobile device navigation services.
Telenav also provides location-based advertising services; and voice navigation, real-time, turn and mobile navigation services of various brands including Telenav GPS Scout GPS Navigation, and navigation services of wireless carrier brands.
Telenav, Inc. customers include wireless operators, car manufacturers, original equipment manufacturers, advertisers, advertising agencies and end users. The company mainly distributes its services through wireless carrier partners.
Telenav, Inc. (TNAV) History:
- In 1999, HP Jin, YC Chao, Sal Dhanani and Robert Rennard founded Televigation, which is now Televigation.
- In December 2000, Telenav launched myPNA (My Personal Navigation Assistant) WAP service to Sprint .
- In 2002, Telenav used a tethered GPS receiver developed by GlobalSat to develop real-time mobile navigation products for Nextel/ Motorola Java phones.
- In 2003, Telenav created Navigator for BlackBerry 7520, RIM’s first GPS-enabled device.
- In 2005, Sprint Navigation was launched. In order to meet the needs of Sprint devices, Telenav has created a series of mobile device-based applications with 3D navigation capabilities for wireless users who use specific Sprint devices.
- In 2006, Telenav Track was launched, a product designed to help companies track their mobile resources (including employees, vehicles, and assets).
- In 2009, Telenav announced the launch of the first Android application available in Google Play and BlackBerry App.
- In addition, in June 2009, Telenav launched the first app for iOS, AT&T Navigator, which can be used on iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.
- In March 2011, Telenav announced the launch of a standalone application Telenav GPS Navigation for all iOS users.
- In May 2010, Telenav completed the IPO and began trading on the Nasdaq under the trading code TNAV. With the completion of the initial public offering, Telenav became the first listed mobile LBS company.
- In 2010, Ford announced that it had selected Telenav to provide GPS navigation software in its new MyFord Touch drive connection technology.
- The summer of 2010, Telenav announced that the US cellular companies Cooperation (US Cellular Corporation, USCC), provides mobile GPS navigation services for wireless users.
- In September 2011, Telenav acquired Boston-based company Goby Inc., a local and travel search company.
- At CES 2012, Telenav released a new iPhone app Scout, which is a GPS and discovery app integrated with the network and cars. Also at CES, Ford announced that Scout will be used as a navigation service for some of its vehicles.
- In January 2014, Telenav acquired Skobbler, a maker of Android and iPhone navigation software based on OpenStreetMap, for $23.8 million.