Mohawk Industries Inc. (Mohawk Industries Group) Mohawk Industries Inc. (NYSE: MHK) was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Calhoun, Georgia. It has 38,800 full-time employees. It is a company that provides flooring, carpet, Manufacturer of ceramic tile products.
Mohawk Industries (MHK):
Mohawk Industries is mainly divided into three divisions to operate: Global Ceramic, Flooring North America (Flooring NA), and Flooring Rest of the World (Flooring ROW).
1. Global Ceramics Department : Engaged in the design, manufacturing, distribution and sales of a series of ceramic tiles, natural stone products and ceramic tile related products. The main brands include: American Olean, Daltile, KAI, Kerama Marazzi, Marazzi, Ragno.
2. North American flooring : The product line provided includes felts, carpets and floor mats, hardwoods and laminates, vinyl products (such as luxury vinyl flooring) of various colors, textures and patterns. Brands include: Aladdin, Bigelow, Columbia Flooring, Durkan, Horizon, IVC, Karastan, Lees, Mohawk, Pergo, Portico, QuickStep, SmartStrand.
3. Floors in other parts of the world : Provide laminate and hardwood floors, as well as roof components, insulation boards, medium density fiberboard, particleboard and vinyl flooring products, brands include: IVC, Moduleo, Pergo, Quick-Step, Unilin. In addition, the department also provides patent licenses to other floor manufacturers.
Mohawk Industries sells its products through independent distributors, home center retailers, independent and personal flooring retailers, ceramic experts, commercial contractors, commercial end users, large shopping malls, department stores, personal online merchants, retail and wholesalers product.
Memorabilia of Mohawk Industries (MHK):
- In 1902, Shuttleworth Brothers Company was founded under the efforts of the four Shuttleworth brothers;
- In 1920, Shuttleworth Brothers Company merged with McCleary, Wallin and Crouse to form Mohawk Carpet Mills;
- In 1956, Mohawk Carpet Mills merged with Alexander Smith, Inc. to form Mohasco Industries, Inc. (Mohawk Industries);
- In 1993, Mohawk Industries IPO listed on the New York Stock Exchange;
- During the ten years from 1993 to 2003, Mohawk Industries acquired a number of companies in the industry.