Panera Bread Company (NASDAQ:PNRA) was founded in 1981, formerly Au Bon Pain Co., Inc., changed to its current name in August 1998, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, with 29,800 full-time employees (2017), It is a roasting panel-coffee specialty store, which is similar to Starbucks .
Update: On July 18, 2017, JAB Consumer Fund and JAB Holding Company , a subsidiary of JAB, announced the completion of the acquisition of Panera Bread Company for USD 7.2 billion.
Panera Bread (PNRA):
Panera Bread Co. was founded by Ronald M. Shaich and Louis I. Kane in March 1981. It operates Panera Bread, Saint Louis Bread Co., Paradise Bakery & Cafe and other brands of bakery retail shops and cafes. The company’s business can be divided. It is a self-operated bakery & coffee shop, franchise stores, fresh dough and other products.
- The self-operated bakery & coffee shop provides fresh baked goods, customized sandwiches, freshly baked bread, soups, salads, freshly roasted coffee and other ancillary products.
- The franchise store business department is responsible for operating related activities of franchise business units established under the name of Panera Bread or Paradise Bakery & Cafe through qualified authorization.
- The Fresh Dough and Other Products Division is responsible for providing fresh dough, manufacturing services, tuna, and cream cheese, and indirectly through the contract production of special dessert items for supply to self-operated and franchised bakeries and coffee shops.
History of Panera Bread Co:
- In March 1981, Panera Bread Company was founded;
- In 1987, St. Louis Bread Company was established;
- In 1993, Au Bon Pain Co., established in 1987, acquired St. Louis Bread Company;
- In May 1999, Au Bon Pain Co. sold St. Louis Bread Company and sold the Au Bon Pain brand at the same time;
- From 2006 to 2007, Panera Bread was the largest free wifi venue in the United States;
- In 2007, Panera Bread acquired Paradise Bakery & Café;
- In 2008, Panera Bread entered the Canadian market;
- In 2009, the company established a non-profit fund organization-Panera Cares;
- In January 2015, Chicago Panera Cares closed;
- The company promises that no artificial additives will be used in all foods from 2016.
Panera Bread menu:
- Paninis Sandwich
- Soups & More Soups
- Side Choices
- Panera Kids kids meal
- Fruit Smoothies
- Frozen Drinks
- Iced Drinks
- Coffee, Tea, and Lemonade Coffee, Tea, and Lemonade
- Espresso Drinks
As of December 27, 2016, Panera Bread has opened a total of 2,036 food and beverage stores in the United States and Canada (of which 902 are self-operated and 1,134 franchise stores).