Kraton Corporation (Kraton Pharmaceuticals) Kraton Corporation (NYSE:KRA) was founded in 2009, formerly known as Kraton Performance Polymers Inc. (Kraton Performance Polymers Inc., then formerly known as Polymer Holdings LLC), in October 2016 Changed to the current name, headquartered in Houston, Texas, with 1,944 full-time employees, engaged in the production and sales of styrene block copolymers (SBCS) and other engineering polymers in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.
Kraton Corporation (KRA):
Kraton is the trade name for many high-performance elastomers produced by Kraton polymers and used as a synthetic substitute for rubber. Kraton polymer has many characteristics of natural rubber, such as flexibility, high traction and sealing ability, but has higher heat resistance, weather resistance and chemical resistance. Kraton was first founded by the Chemical Department of Shell Petroleum Corporation in the 1950s under the technical leadership of Norman R. Legge. Shell sold its Kraton polymer business to private equity firm Ripplewood Holdings in March 2001.
Kraton Performance Polymers is engaged in the production and sales of styrene block copolymers (SBCs) and other engineering polymers in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, providing:
- High-performance products: including unhydrogenated SBCs, mainly used in paving, roofing, packaging and industrial adhesives, industrial and other applications;
- Hydrogenated SBCs composed of specialty polymers are mainly used in lubricant additives, polymer modification, personal care, cable gels, adhesives and coatings, as well as in medical, industrial, consumer and other applications;
- Kraton Performance Polymers products are also used in personal care products, such as disposable diapers and toothbrushes, razors and rubber handles (foreskins) for power tools;
- Kraton High Performance Polymers also provides isoprene rubber products, which are used in medical products, paints, coatings and footwear; isoprene rubber latex products, mainly used in synthetic surgical gloves and condoms, as well as medical and health care , Personal care and food contact operations;
- Development and commercialization of alternatives to polyvinyl chloride used in wire, cable and medical applications; surface decarburization of polymers and compounds and coated fabrics used in the transportation and consumer goods market; high-performance modified asphalt used in paving Membrane is used in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and breathable fabrics; synthetic cement preparations and polymers are used in oil fields.
Kraton High Performance Polymers Co., Ltd. uses Kraton, Elexar, Giving Innovators Their Edge, NEXAR, Cariflex and other brands for production and sales through various channels.