China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: STV) was established in 2004 and is headquartered in Beijing, China. It has 680 full-time employees and is engaged in digital TV systems, value-added business systems, and monitoring networks. System research and development, and at the same time provide digital interactive TV integrated application system, digital TV integrated front-end system, broadcast TV monitoring system, broadband IP data broadcasting system and other services, is a cable TV system comprehensive solution provider.
STV China Digital TV (STV):
Founded in 1998, Beijing Yongxin Shibo Digital TV Technology Co., Ltd. is China’s largest digital media technology and service provider, providing operators with professional and comprehensive solutions based on cable, satellite, terrestrial, IPTV, and mobile network platforms . The company’s core product, the conditional access system CAS, is China’s leading digital TV encryption system and has maintained the number one market share in the domestic market for many years.
With the continuous development of the integration of the three networks, Yongxin Vision has focused on the research and development of sophisticated products such as high-definition smart set-top boxes and core set-top box solutions. In addition, the company also launched SuperVOD, a video cloud computing solution service that realizes one- and two-way network video interactive on-demand.
History of Yongxin Video:
- In August 2001, Tsinghua Yongxin Information Engineering Co., Ltd. and Tsinghua Tongfang Co., Ltd. merged assets and businesses to establish Beijing Yongxin Tongfang Information Engineering Co., Ltd. The company is mainly dedicated to products with independent intellectual property rights based on broadcasting and television broadband networks. R&D and marketing work.
- In February 2002, Yongxin Tongfang formally signed a contract with the CCTV Satellite TV Transmission Center. Yongxin Tongfang became the total integrator for the construction of the CCTV satellite TV transmission platform, and provided conditional access systems and user management systems, and completed many domestic and foreign The unprecedented simultaneous encryption integration of different CA systems indicates that Yongxin Tongfang has mastered the core technology of digital TV business.
- In September 2003, China International Television Corporation, China Central Television (CCTV) and Yongxin Tongfang jointly initiated and funded the establishment of China Television Digital Television Technology Co., Ltd. The company undertook the National Development and Reform Commission’s digital TV industrialization project-“National Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Production and Broadcasting System Industrialization Project”.
- In February 2004, Yongxin Tongfang signed a CAS and SMS contract with China Central Digital Television Media Co., Ltd. (CDM) and became the total integrator of CCTV program platform construction.
- In January 2005, Yongxin Tongfang won the bid for the development of the “Digital TV Operation Support Platform”, a key tender project of the Ministry of Information Industry.
- In August 2006, Yongxin Tongfang won the Innovative Technology Award in the “Radio and TV Technology Innovation Enterprise · Innovative Technology” selection activity to commend Yongxin Tongfang’s role in promoting the industry and technology.
- On October 5, 2007, China Digital TV was listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: STV), which was another important milestone in the development history of China Digital TV.
- In November 2007, Evergreen was awarded the “Deloitte 2007 China’s Top 50 High-Tech and High-Growth Companies” and “Deloitte 2007 Asia-Pacific High-Tech and High-Growth Top 500”.
- In December 2007, “Beijing Yongxin Shibo Media Investment Company”, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yongxin Shibo Holdings, was established.
- On January 1, 2008, “Beijing Yongxin Tongfang Digital TV Technology Co., Ltd.” was officially renamed “Beijing Yongxin TV Technology Co., Ltd.”.
- In July 2008, Yongxin Vision and China Broadcasting Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Co., Ltd. signed the “CMMB Standard ESG System Prototype Development Contract”, and Beijing Yongxin Vision Digital Television Technology Co., Ltd. was responsible for the development of ESG systems under the CMMB standard The prototype is used in the CMMB project in China.
- In December 2008, the number of end-users using Yongxin Vision Products exceeded 20 million, covering more than 80 million end-users, occupying more than 50% of China’s market share.
- In 2010, a new cloud computing department was established.
For more details, please refer to Baidu Encyclopedia
Evernew China Digital TV (STV) investment:
On October 5, 2007, Yongxin Shibo was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, with an issue price of US$16 (each ADS=1 common stock), raising US$192 million; Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse were the main underwriters.
Company official website: http://www.chinadtv.cn/