Vimicro International Corp. (NASDAQ: VIMC) was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Beijing, China. It has 506 full-time employees. It is a chip manufacturer. Under the proposal and support of the Ministry of Information Industry of China, it is run by a number of Silicon Valley PhD entrepreneurs. Established, launched and undertook the “Starlight China Core” project in Zhongguancun, Beijing.
On December 16, 2015, Vimicro announced that the company’s shareholders had approved the company’s previous privatization agreement of US$13.5 per share at a special shareholder meeting held on Tuesday. After the transaction is completed, Vimicro will become a privately held company and its shares will be delisted from the Nasdaq.
Vimicro is committed to the development of advanced digital multimedia chip technology, and has successfully promoted the “Starlight China Chip” series of chip products to the domestic and foreign markets for applications in the fast-growing multimedia applications such as personal computers, broadband, mobile communications, information appliances, etc. . Its products have been adopted in large quantities by internationally renowned companies such as Samsung, HP, Fujitsu, and Lenovo.
History of Vimicro:
- In October 1999, Vimicro Electronics Co., Ltd. was established in Zhongguancun, Beijing under the proposal and support of the Ministry of Information Industry;
- In January 2000, Vimicro established a subsidiary in Silicon Valley;
- In November 2000, Tsinghua-Vistar Microelectronics Joint Research Center was established at Tsinghua University.
- In March 2001, Vimicro developed the first million-gate super-large-scale CMOS digital image processing chip “Xingguang One” with China’s independent intellectual property rights and the world’s leading, and successfully realized the commercialization of core technological achievements;
- In April 2001, the Shanghai branch was established to carry out non-image chip research and development and market development;
- In May 2001, the “Starlight One” chip successfully realized industrialization and entered the international market, and was adopted by well-known international brand video cameras such as Samsung and Philips;
- In July 2001, the Shenzhen branch was established to fully carry out marketing work at home and abroad;
- On November 8, 2001, “Starlight One” passed the WHQL certification of Microsoft WINDOWS XP, which is currently the only product in China that has passed this certification
- On January 11, 2002, Vimicro and Microsoft signed a memorandum of cooperation to jointly promote the global digital imaging technology market;
- On April 16, 2002, the “Starlight II” integrating sound and image came out, and successfully entered into more internationally renowned brands such as HP and Innovative Technology;
- On April 20, 2002, together with Microsoft and Shenzhen Telecom to promote the visual communication business;
- On May 2, 2002, established a subsidiary in Hong Kong-Vimicro Electronics (International) Co., Ltd.;
- On September 16, 2002, China Telecom’s “Broadband Speed Journey” alliance was launched. Vimicro’s VXP broadband video communication system became the only broadband application tool designated by China Telecom. Other alliances include Microsoft , Sina , Alcatel , Huawei , ZTE, Dell ;
- On October 12, 2002, the artificial intelligence vision chip “Starlight III” came out, and was used by the famous Japanese IT company Fujitsu for the world’s first mobile phone control robot “Maron-1” eye image capture high-end application;
- On February 14, 2003, the mobile phone MMS processing chip “Star 4” developed by Vimicro successfully landed in the US market and was applied in large quantities on the Sprint system of the world’s largest CDMA mobile communication operator ;
- On September 18, 2003, “Microsoft-Vision Micro Multimedia Technology Center” was established in Beijing;
- In October 2003, the new generation of PC image input chip “Xingguang No. 5” independently developed by Vistar Microelectronics was successfully industrialized and was applied on a large scale by many internationally renowned brands such as Logitech; and became the only broadband PC image standard designated by China Telecom ；
- On December 28, 2003, it announced that its global sales of its fifth-generation digital multimedia chips exceeded 10 million, ranking first in the world of computer image input chips with a 40% market share;
- In February 2004, Vimicro, as the only Chinese chip manufacturer, became a member of the International Mobile Industry Processor Alliance (MIPI). MIPI is a cooperative organization of mobile industry leaders initiated by Nokia , STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments and ARM. Its members include 39 manufacturers including Intel , Motorola, Philips, Toshiba, Samsung, Siemens, and Sony Ericsson;
- In December 2004, Vimicro announced that the “Star Mobile One” for mobile multimedia applications has been born and launched into the market;
- On June 28, 2005, the Mobile Multimedia Technology Alliance Achievement Promotion Conference-“Star Mobile No. 2” chip and VMD technical specifications were released in Beijing Hotel;
- On November 15, 2005, Vimicro was officially listed on NASDAQ in the United States;
- In January 2006, the single-chip hybrid-circuit mobile multimedia processor “Xingguang Mobile III” developed by Vimicro was applied to ZTE’s new mobile phones;
- In March 2006, Vimicro announced the launch of “Star Mobile No. 4”-Vinno-the industry-leading single-chip, mixed-signal mobile multimedia processor, which integrates a variety of popular audio and video functions;
- On November 21, 2006, Vimicro announced that “Star Mobile No. 5” has been applied to Datang Mobile’s 3G mobile terminal test;
- On May 24, 2007, Microsoft and Vistar Microelectronics signed a memorandum of cooperation again in Beijing to deepen cooperation;
- On June 12, 2007, Vimicro announced the launch of the most advanced network camera processing chip VC0336, which is tailored for the Web 2.0 era and is mainly used in external network cameras and embedded notebook cameras;
- On April 1, 2008, the market’s most advanced network camera processing chip VC0336 shipped over 5 million units in the global high-end notebook market;
- On July 16, 2015, Vimicro announced that the company’s joint venture Shanxi Zhongtianxin Technology Co., Ltd. has won 4 contracts for the Taiyuan City Traffic Police Detachment, with a total value of 798.5 billion yuan, or approximately 12.88 million US dollars.
- On December 16, 2015, Vimicro announced that the company’s shareholders had approved the company’s previous privatization agreement of US$13.5 per share at a special shareholder meeting held on Tuesday. After the transaction is completed, Vimicro will become a privately held company and its shares will be delisted from the Nasdaq.
Vimicro (VIMC) investment:
Delisting the company@!