Homeinns Hotel Group (NASDAQ: HMIN) was established in June 2002 and was jointly invested by BTG and Ctrip . Its predecessor was Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc., which was changed to its current name in November 2014 and headquartered in China Shanghai , with 25,176 full-time employees, is an economic hotel chain company with its brands: Home Inns, Motel 168, Yitel Hotel, Fairyland Four Seasons Hotel on Clouds.
Homeinns Hotel (HMIN):
The hotel group has three major brands: Home Inn (economic hotel), Motel 168 (economic hotel chain acquired on May 27, 2011) and Yi Hotel (mid-to-high-end business hotel). As of June 30, 2015, Home Inns Group operated 2,750 hotels in 342 cities across the country. In 2014, Home Inns was selected as one of the top 100 Chinese brands with a brand value of US$420 million, ranking first in the hotel industry.
- In August 2001, Ctrip.com established Tangren Hotel Management (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd.;
- In December 2001, the company officially designated “Home Inn” as the brand name (formerly known as “Tangren” and “Penglai”);
- In May 2002, the project of Shanghai Century Park Store, the first Home Inn in East China, started construction, establishing the direction of direct operation;
- In June 2002, Ctrip.com and Capital Tourism Group formally established a joint venture company named “Homeinn Hotel Chain”;
- In June 2002, the 4 original “Jianguo Inn” chain stores under the BTG Group were rebranded as “Home Inns”, becoming the first batch of hotels directly operated by Home Inns chains;
- In June 2002, the number of Home Inns chain stores reached 20;
- In December 2002, the National Free Reservation Phone of Home Inns Chain was officially opened;
- In January 2003, the first franchise store of “Homeinn” was signed;
- In March 2004, Homeinn Hotel Chain took the lead in establishing Homeinn Hotel Management School in Shanghai;
- In January 2005, Home Inns management platform was officially used;
- In November 2005, Home Inns reached a strategic cooperation agreement with the well-known car rental brand Avis Car Rental;
- On October 26, 2006, Home Inns was listed on Nasdaq with an issue price of US$13.8 per common stock;
- On October 20, 2007, Home Inns purchased a 100% stake in the eighth-ranked economy hotel chain “Seven Douxing” at a price of 340 million yuan. After the completion of the acquisition, Home Inns will have more than 330 hotels;
- In February 2008, Home Inns signed the 500th hotel chain.
- In December 2008, Home Inns Group was established;
- On May 7, 2009, Home Inns issued 7,114,500 ordinary shares to Ctrip. Ctrip surpassed Beijing Capital Tourism Group with 18.25% of its shares and became Home Inn’s new largest shareholder;
- In 2010, Home Inns was included in the Nasdaq China Index;
- As of March 31, 2010, Home Inns had a total of 638 hotels in operation, including 390 leased and operated hotels and 248 franchised hotels;
- On May 27, 2011, Home Inns Group (NASDAQ: HMIN) acquired all the shares of Motel 168 International Holdings (hereinafter referred to as “Motel 168”);
- On September 6, 2011, Home Inns Group officially announced the development strategy of its high-end business hotel brand-Yitel Hotel (English name: Yitel). In the next 5 years, the group plans to expand the scale of Yitel Hotel to 40-50 Home;
- In 2014, WPP, the world’s largest authoritative communication group, selected the 2014 “Top 100 Most Valuable Chinese Brands”. Homeinn Hotel Group’s Homeinn Hotel Group ranked first in the hotel industry with a brand value of US$421 million;
- As of January 1, 2015, Homeinns Hotel Group operated 2,609 hotels in 335 cities across the country, with a total of 296,075 rooms.
Homeinns Hotel (HMIN) investment:
After 2013, no agency has rated Home Inns!
As of January 1, 2015, Home Inns have spread across 355 cities in China, roughly as follows:
Homeinns official website: http://www.homeinns.com/
Home Inn U.S. stock market: http://xueqiu.com/S/HMIN
Home Inns Stock Encyclopedia: https://www.thisyear.com/hmin.html