Ucloudlink Group Inc (NASDAQ: UCL) was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Hong Kong, China, with 777 full-time employees. It is a mobile data sharing platform. According to data from Frost & Sullivan, Ucloudlink is ranked number one in the world. Mobile data traffic sharing market.
Ucloudlink Group Inc (UCL):
Based on the self-developed Cloud SIM solution, uCloudlink has created the first data traffic trading platform to provide global mobile data connection services for hundreds of millions of users. “GlocalMe” and “Roamingman” are the company’s two major brands, corresponding to two different models of sales and leasing respectively.
In September 2015, uCloudlink released the world’s first portable Wi-Fi device that supports 4G network – GlocalMe G2, which can surf the Internet at high speed in many countries and regions around the world without a SIM card. With this product, uCloudlink quickly became a leader in the roaming portable Wi-Fi industry. In April 2018, uCloudlink released an epoch-making world machine, which truly realized “mobile phone comes with data, zero roaming, and go global.” As of June 30, 2019, uCloudlink services cover more than 140 countries and regions.
uCloudlink has established 21 subsidiaries and branches in mainland China, and established subsidiaries in Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, the United States, Malaysia, and Singapore. The number of employees is nearly 800, of which R&D personnel account for more than 40%, and it has global ownership/ Apply for more than 100 technical patents.
Ucloudlink Group Inc (UCL) History:
- In 2014, based on the independent research and development of Cloud SIM technology by uCloudlink, uCloudlink launched the first card-free portable Wi-Fi device-G1, with signal coverage in more than 60 countries around the world; established two service brands such as “GlocalMe” and “Roaming Superman”. Successfully marketed.
- In 2015, the world’s first 4G high-speed, card-free zero-roaming portable Wi-Fi-GlocalMe G2 was launched; the service scope was expanded to cover more than 100 countries and regions, with more than 10,000 single-day active users.
- In 2016, the portable 4G portable Wi-Fi-GlocalMe U2 was launched; the average number of daily active users increased by more than 20 times.
- In 2017, launched an optimized version of G2-GlocalMe G3, the world’s largest market share; service coverage covers more than 130 countries and regions, with more than 300,000 single-day active users; increased investment in overseas markets, and overseas revenue accounted for more than 40% .
- In 2018, the GlocalMe data service was built into smart phone terminals (own brand and third-party brand), so that mobile phones can carry their own data; zero roaming and go global.
- In 2019, cooperated with operators/mobile phone manufacturers to launch GlocalMe® Inside (GMI) data service. As of 2019H1, partners such as Xiaomi, Advan and Cherry Mobile have launched GMI commercial services in multiple countries.
Ucloudlink Group Inc (UCL) investment:
Ucloudlink Group Inc (NASDAQ: UCL) listed on NASDAQ on June 11, 2020, with an issue price of $18.00, issuing 2.6 million shares, raising US$46.8 million, underwriting by I-Bankers Securities/ Valuable Capital Limited .