H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (publ) (OTCMKTS: HNNMY, HMRZF, OMX: HM B) was founded in 1947 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. It has 171,000 full-time employees. It is a company that provides services to women, men, teenagers, children and A company that provides clothing, accessories, footwear and cosmetics for babies.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz (HNNMY):
Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) is a fashion company from Sweden. It has branches in many countries around the world, including Asia, Europe and the United States. Its products are famous for their low prices. H&M was founded in 1947 in Vasteras, Sweden by Erling Persson.
H&M provides sportswear, underwear, shoes, bags, beauty products, stationery, ready-to-wear and denim clothing; and decoration and interior products for living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms and children’s rooms. The company’s brands include: H&M, H&M Home, COS, Monki, Weekday, Cheap Monday, H&M HOME, ARKET and & Other Stories.
As a fast clothing manufacturer, one of H&M’s greatest characteristics is the extremely short time from clothing design to becoming a product in a specialty store. This allows consumers to quickly access the most avant-garde fashion products. It also helps to reduce costs. H&M’s products are cheaper than the Spanish brand Zara, which has a similar positioning.
The sales concept of many styles and small quantities uses the principle of long tail effect. H&M also invests a lot in publicity. In addition to advertising, it also collaborates with famous designers or celebrities such as Madonna to design clothing to attract people’s desire to buy. H&M’s most attractive is that it dominates the luxury brand and fast fashion crossover in the fashion industry.
H&M has been cooperating with big luxury brands across borders since 2004. Whenever they cooperate, many people line up crazily for H&M’s low-priced but first-line designer clothes. This includes Marni, 2011 Versace in 2010, Lanvin in 2010, and Rei Kawakubo, Jimmy Choo , Roberto Cavalli, Maison Martin Margiela, Isabel Marant, Alexander Wang, etc.
As of March 15, 2018, H & M has approximately 4,700 stores in 69 markets, including franchise markets; and 44 online stores.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz (HNNMY) History:
- A trip to the United States by H&M founder Person inspired him to open a shop that offers high-end fashion women’s clothing at low prices. This clothing store is called Hennes, which means “her” in Swedish. The first Hennes clothing store opened in Vasteras in 1947, which is also the predecessor of H&M. Hennes expanded to most of Sweden in the mid-1960s, and opened up new markets in neighboring Norway and Denmark in 1964 and 1967.
- In order to further expand the market share in Stockholm and expand the product line, Persson acquired a firearms and hunting supplies store called Mauritz Widforss in 1968, and thus obtained its menswear business. After that, Hennes changed its name to Hennes & Mauritz and it is still used today. In the following years, H&M has successively increased its product lines for children, teenagers and even babies.
- In the 1970s, H&M began to expand to European countries outside the Nordic region.
- In 1976, it opened a branch in the United Kingdom and then expanded its business to Switzerland and Germany.
- In 1982, Erlin Persson’s son, Stefan Persson, succeeded his father. Since then, H&M’s positioning has become more fashionable, catering to the pursuit of young people.
- After the 1990s, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and even Austria welcomed H&M branches. It was not until 1998 that H&M started its own business in the fashion capital of Paris.
- At the end of 1999, H&M announced that it would enter the Spanish market, which meant that it would have to compete with Zara, which is positioned similarly to its own.
- In 2000, H&M came to the United States, the birthplace of its own creativity.
- It was not until the 21st century that H&M began to expand its business in Asia. Although H&M opened an office in Hong Kong in the 1990s to expand its business in Hong Kong; however, it has not opened a branch for more than a decade. It officially opened in Hong Kong on March 10, 2007.
- In April 2007, China’s first H&M store opened in Shanghai. H&M Shenzhen Yitian Holiday Plaza branch opened on August 30, 2008. It is the company’s first branch in southern China except for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- In 2008, the first store opened in Tokyo, Japan.
- In 2009, H&M opened four branches in Beijing.
- In 2014, HM opened two branches in Zhuhai. They are located in Huafa Business Capital in Nanping Town and Yangming Square in Laoxiangzhou. After years of development, H&M has more than 350 branches in China.
- On February 13, 2015, H&M opened its first flagship store in Taiwan. The Breeze Songgao store, located in the Xinyi Planning District of Taipei City, has a total of three floors and a store area of more than 2,900 square meters. The flagship store also houses the H&M Home furnishing department.
- In November 2016, H&M Asia’s largest flagship store opened in Ximen flagship store in Ximending, Taipei, Taiwan. It has a total of five floors and a store area of more than 5,000 square meters.
- In 2017, H&M announced that it would launch a new brand Nyden in early 2018, mainly for people born between the 1980s and 2000. Nyden is a combination of two Swedish words, meaning “new” and “it”. Unlike many brands that focus on the Y generation customer group, Nyden will not follow the trend, nor will it follow the traditional fashion schedule. The price is “affordable luxury”. The biggest selling point is the limited multi-ride model, which invites KOLs and celebrities. , Celebrity cooperation design, the first implementation of the cooperation unit is the Swedish actress Noomi Rapace and the famous tattoo artist Doctor Woo who has millions of followers on Instagram. The first series of T-shirts was released online in April 2018, mainly in black and white, and very simple.
- In January 2018, a black children’s clothing model appeared on H&M’s website wearing a sweater with the slogan “coolest monkey in the jungle”, while white children arranged to wear “Survival Expert” and “Awesome”. This incident made The Weeknd, which cooperated with the chain store group last year, announced that it would not have any relationship with it in the future. G-Eazy also said that it would no longer cooperate with H&M; at the same time, it caused people in South Africa to rush into the H&M store to make trouble.
- In 2018, H&M announced the launch of the bridal collection. This series is based on cheap wedding dresses, allowing brides to have their own wedding dresses at affordable prices. The series has high-neck lace styles with retro elegance, as well as off-the-shoulder one-piece dresses, while sister dresses and wedding dresses start at $500.
- In April 2018, H&M announced that it would launch a joint ride series with the Italian brand Moschino in November of the same year.
- In 2018, H&M’s brand Collection of Style was invited to participate in the Pitti Uomo high-end men’s clothing exhibition held in Florence, Italy in January and June each year. It is also the first time since the exhibition that “fast fashion” brands have been invited to participate.
- In May 2018, H&M announced that it would launch a special note series dominated by rainbow tones, including T-shirts, jackets, etc. with the words “pride”, “united”, and “equality” written on it. The brand also expressed the hope to promote the message of love and equal rights through the series, and announced that it will be sold in limited quantities worldwide on May 31. 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the “Free & Equal” program of the United Nations Human Rights Office.