Contura Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CTRA) was founded on June 10, 2016 and is headquartered in Bristol, Tennessee, USA, with 4,530 full-time employees. It is a coal resources company in Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming. Conduct mining operations in several major coal mine basins.
Contura Energy (CTRA):
Contura Energy is a Delaware company incorporated on June 10, 2016, and started operations on July 26 of the same year to inherit Alpha Natural Resources ‘ coal business as part of the latter’s reorganization. Contura Energy relies on customers all over the world, high-quality reserves, and important port capacity to reliably supply metallurgical coal to steel producers and thermal coal power generation companies.
In the first three months ending March 31, 2017, Contura Energy:
- Sell 13.1 million tons of coal (16% coking coal (met coal) and 84% steam coal (steam coal));
- Coal revenue was US$509 million (63% coking coal, 37% steam coal), and total revenue was US$573 million;
- The net income generated was US$37 million, and the adjusted EBITDA was US$129 million.
Compared to the fiscal year ended December 31, 2016, Contura Energy:
- Sales of 46.7 million tons of coal (12% coking coal and 88% steam coal);
- Coal revenue was 1.15 billion US dollars (coking coal accounted for 40%, steam coal 60%), and total revenue was 1.297 billion US dollars;
- The net loss was US$63 million and the adjusted EBITDA was US$177 million.
Contura Energy (CTRA) Mine:
Northern Appalachia, Pennsylvania
- Cumberland – Underground
VA Central Appalachia, West Virginia
- Cabin Ridge – Surface (VA)
- Deep Mine #26 – Underground (VA)
- Deep Mine 41 – Underground (VA)
- 88 Strip – Surface (VA)
- Deep Mine #25* – Underground (VA)-contract mine
- No. 10 (Bear Ridge Upper Banner)-contract mine
- Deep Mine 37* – Underground (VA)-contract mine
- Deep Mine 44* – Underground (VA)-contract mine
- OMM (Reedy Ridge)*-Underground (VA)-contract mine
- Jerry Fork Eagle – Underground (WV)
Powder River Basin, Wyoming
- Belle Ayr-Surface Mine
- Eagle Butte-Surface Mine
Contura Energy (CTRA) investment:
Contura Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CTRA) submitted its IPO prospectus on 5/8/2017 and plans to land on the NYSE on 8/10/2017. The issue price is US$23.00-27.00, 6 million shares are issued, and 186.3 million funds are raised. USD, stock code: CTRA.