Outerwall Inc. (NASDAQ: OUTR) was founded in 1991, formerly known as Coinstar, Inc., and changed to its current name in April 2013. It is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, USA, with 2,670 full-time employees. A company that manufactures and sells self-service coin counting equipment (coin-operated machines) is also a self-service retail terminal company.
Outerwall Inc. (formerly Coinstar) (OUTR):
Outerwall mainly manufactures and sells self-service coin counting equipment products. Its business scope includes the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Puerto Rico, Ireland and other places. Among them, the United States alone has set up coin exchange machines in more than 9,000 places, and the products are placed in pharmacies, universities, Shopping malls, supermarkets, convenience stores.
To put it simply, Outerwall is a retail company with no sales assistants. It operates a variety of self-service kiosks, including 40,000 DVD rental Redbox machines, 20,000 Coinstar coin exchange machines, and 2,000 EcoATM electronic equipment recycling machines.
The history of Outerwall Inc. (formerly Coinstar, OUTR):
- In 1991, Coinstar, Inc. was founded as the predecessor of Outerwall Inc.;
- Feb. 2009, Coinstar to 175 million dollars from McDonald’s acquisition of (McDonald’s Corporation) in the hands of self-service DVD rental kiosk company –Redbox Automated Retail, LLC is the entire equity interest, Coinstar Redbox became the sole shareholder;
- In early June 2011, the company completed the sale of Sigue Corporation (remittance business);
- On June 8, 2012, shareholders voted to change the company name from Coinstar to Outerwall;
- On July 2, 2012, Outerwall acquired a self-service mobile phone recycling kiosk company-ecoATM (committed to providing electronic equipment recycling services, through terminal equipment, supporting users to self-service recycling of waste electronics, such as mobile phones, tablet computers, etc., for 350 million US dollars). Estimate the price of used electronics). On the same day, the company officially landed on Nasdaq under the name Outerwall, and the stock code was changed to: OUTR;
- On October 7, 2013, JANA Partners, a hedge fund company under Barry Rosenstein, submitted a 13D document, announcing that it held 13.5% of Outerwall’s shares and attacked 3,777,995 shares.