The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD) was founded in 1888, formerly known as Middleby Marshall Oven Company, and changed to its current name in 1985. Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, USA, with 8,493 full-time employees, a company in the United States and Canada , Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Latin America are engaged in the design, manufacture, sales, distribution and service of commercial catering, food processing, residential kitchen equipment.
The Middleby Corporation (MIDD):
Middleby Corporation is an American public trade commercial and residential cooking and industrial processing equipment company headquartered in Elgin, Illinois. The company produces commercial cooking equipment, industrial processing equipment and household appliances. Middleby’s commercial cooking equipment has business with 97 of the top 100 food service chains in the United States and internationally.
The Middleby Corporation designs, produces, operates and sells commercial kitchen equipment and food processing equipment. It is a global manufacturer of commercial kitchen equipment, residential equipment and systems. Middleby equipment is used in cooking equipment restaurants, convenience stores, retail stores, hotels and other institutions. Its products have dozens of brands, including:
1. Commercial kitchenware brand
2. Food processing equipment
Three, household kitchen equipment
- Aga Rangemaster Corporation (acquired in July 2015)
- Rayburn Range
- La Cornue
The Middleby Corporation (MIDD) history:
- In 1888, Joseph Middleby and John Marshall founded the company;
- In the early 1890s, Middleby sold the company to Marshall;
- Before the company was acquired by a private equity company in 1976, it was unanimously held by the Marshall family;
- In 1983, TMC Industries Ltd. acquired the company;
- In 1985, the company changed its name to The Middleby Corporation and moved its headquarters to its current location (late 1980s);
- The Middleby Corporation first traded on the NASDAQ OTC market, and landed on the American Stock Exchange in 1988. In 1997, the IPO landed on the Nasdaq main board market with an issue price of 10 US dollars;
- In 1990, The Middleby Corporation acquired Asbury Associates Inc.;
- In 1991, Fab-Asia, Inc. was established-independent operation in the United States and Asia;
- In 2008, The Middleby Corporation acquired TurboChef for US$200 million;
- In 2013, The Middleby Corporation acquired Viking Range from Warren Stephens and Fred Carl, Jr. for US$380 million;
- In July 2015, The Middleby Corporation acquired the British Aga Rangemaster Group for GBP 125 million;
- In May 2018, Middle Machinery acquired Taylor Company, a manufacturer of ice cream distribution equipment and frozen beverage machines, for US$1 billion.