Abbott Athenex, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATNX) was founded in November 2003, formerly known as Kinex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., changed to its current name in August 2015, headquartered in Buffalo, New York, USA, with 575 full-time employees , Is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of new cancer treatment drugs.
Abbott Athenex, Inc. (ATNX):
In November 2003, the company was established as Kinex Pharmaceuticals, LLC. as a Delaware limited liability company. In December 2012, the company changed its name to Kinex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and was transformed into a Delaware stock company. , And was renamed again in August 2015 to Athenex, Inc.
Athenex is a global professional tumor disease innovative drug company, committed to providing innovative drugs that can greatly improve the condition of cancer patients. Athenex uses the three platform technologies of oral absorption, kinase inhibitors and relief of uncomfortable symptoms to develop a variety of innovative tumor products. In addition to the company’s currently marketed products, Athenex’s clinical product development pipeline also includes a variety of late-stage drug candidates.
Athenex has carried out multi-level business cooperation with the Roswell Park Cancer Institute, the University of Colorado Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University and other world top tumor research institutions. Athenex has a leading medical technology innovation platform and rich clinical experience. Emerging manufacturing and supply chains, and mature channels in the US market. Athenex currently has 10 innovative varieties under research and one MJ anti-itch gel (for burns, itching and scars) that has been registered and marketed in China, and more than 20 types of tumors registered in China, the United States, Europe, and Japan APIs.
Abbott Athenex, Inc. (ATNX) product:
Orascovery Platform (Orascovery platform)
- Oraxol-an oral preparation of Paclitaxel. Currently, only the intravenous type of paclitaxel on the market can be used to treat breast, lung, ovarian and pancreatic cancer. Athenex has proven through many clinical studies that paclitaxel is systematically absorbed by patients through the application of its oral delivery system, providing patients with the opportunity to obtain better clinical results.
- Oratecan-an oral formulation of Irinotecan. Irinotecan is currently used in the market for intravenous delivery to treat colorectal cancer. Athenex’s clinical data indicate that irinotecan can be absorbed orally through the application of Athenex’s drug delivery system, providing therapeutic exposure levels, while limiting some of the induced toxicity of IV irinotecan .
- Oradoxel-an oral preparation of Docetaxel. Currently only intravenous Docetaxel is available, and the US FDA has approved it for head and neck, stomach cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer and non-small cell lung cancer. Oral preparations are currently in phase I clinical stage.
- Oratopo-an oral preparation of Topotecan. Currently, the US FDA has approved intravenous injection of Topotecan for the treatment of ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and small cell lung cancer. Oral topotecan, US FDA approved only for small cell lung cancer.
Src Kinase Inhibition (Src Kinase Inhibition)
- KX01: An Ointment Formulation (Ointment Formulation)-KX01’s topical ointment formulation is expected to be used for various cancers and pre-cancerous skin diseases. Clinical data in the United States shows that compared with current treatments, Athenex ointment is very likely (hopefully) to become a product for the treatment of actinic keratosis. Dermatologists have obtained positive results from clinical observations of patients’ response to KX01 ointment in the treatment of photosynthetic keratosis. In addition, the clinical evaluation of KX01 for the treatment of psoriasis has also begun.
- KX01: An Oral Formulation (Oral Formulation)-KX-01 is a new type of small molecule compound for oral administration discovered and developed by Athenex, which exhibits at least two methods of action: Src tyrosine kinase inhibition (non-ATP competition) ); Polymerize with tubulin. The combination of two MOAs (multiple mechanisms of action) provides a broader anticancer activity in vitro and in animal tumor models than when MOA is used alone. Since KX-01 is easily absorbed orally, a multi-day dosing schedule is allowed to optimize the impractical efficacy and toxicity of type IV tubulin-targeted drugs (such as vincristine and vinblastine). Athenex is exploring its best application in multiple tumor types.
- KX02: An Oral Formulation-KX-02 is the second small molecule product developed by Athenex using its Src kinase inhibition platform. Although KX-02 is the grain net of KX-01, it has significantly different physical properties. These properties allow KX-02 to freely cross the blood-brain barrier, making the concentration in the brain equal to or slightly higher than the concentration in plasma. This feature is uncommon for oncology drugs and highlights the potential of KX-02 as a new treatment for unmet medical needs (such as brain cancer, including GBM and brain metastases). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted KX-02 orphan drug for the treatment of glioma. KX-02 is a non-ATP-competitive Src kinase inhibitor and tubulin polymerization inhibitor. The study of KX-02 in the preclinical syngeneic mouse GBM model showed that, on average, about 30% of the treated mice completely eliminated tumor recurrence. KX-02’s multiple mechanisms of action (MOAs) and its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier make it a new molecule for the treatment of brain tumors. KX-02 is currently in the early stages of Phase I clinical trials for the treatment of solid tumors in the United States. In addition, Athenex’s development partners in China have submitted an IND in China to start research on KX-02 for the treatment of primary brain tumors, which will begin in 2017.
- Dual Inhibition : Athenex is developing a proprietary grade “dual” absorption enhancer that inhibits P-gp transporter and CYP enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Clinical trials : refer to data from the US government network
Abbott Athenex, Inc. (ATNX) History:
- In November 2003, Kinex Pharmaceuticals, LLC., a Delaware limited liability company, was founded as the predecessor of Athenex;
- In December 2012, Kinex Pharmaceuticals, LLC. changed its name to Kinex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Delaware corporation;
- In August 2015, Kinex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. changed its name to Athenex, Inc.;
- On October 16, 2015, the Athenex pharmaceutical base project settled in Chongqing Maliu Riverside Development Zone;
- On December 15, 2015, Athenex, Inc. announced that it had completed the acquisition of Comprehensive Drug Enterprises (CDE) in Hong Kong Science Park in July this year through a share swap transaction;
- February 26, 2016, the former Financial Secretary of the HKSAR, the Blackstone Group (Hong Kong) Limited former chairman, the incumbent Nan Fung Group Chairman Antony Leung (Antony Leung Kam-chung) will join the company’s board of directors, Mr Leung said, Athenex In the future, he will strive to connect the United States with innovative companies in the field of biotechnology and professional pharmaceuticals in Greater China. He and Nan Fung Group are very happy to provide assistance and create better healthcare services for patients everywhere;
- On September 24, 2016, Laimei (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chongqing Laimei Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (300006), signed a “Convertible Loan Agreement” with Athenex, Inc., and plans to use its own funds of 10 million US dollars Subscribe to convertible bonds issued by Athenex;
- On May 12, 2017, Athenex, Inc. submitted its IPO prospectus, and plans to IPO on 6/14/2017.
Abbott Athenex, Inc. (ATNX) investment:
Athenex, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATNX) submitted its IPO prospectus on 5/12/2017 and listed on NASDAQ on 6/14/2017. The issue price was US$11.00, 6 million shares were issued, and US$66 million was raised. Code: ATNX. Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., and JP Morgan Securities LLC are jointly underwritten, and ICBC International Securities Limited serves as the joint manager.